Earlier this month we got to work on a bunch of style posts with our dear friend AnnaRose Kern. AnnaRose is a professional makeup artist and hairstylist based in Los Angeles. She works on shows like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Sing-Off, America's Next Top Model, and The Hunger Games, to name a few. She is also an experienced consultant in cosmetic development, working with brands like Kat Von D for Sephora and Julie Hewett Cosmetics. All the ladies of ABM felt like we learned a TON while she was in town, and we can't wait to share her tips and expert advice with you in the coming months!
2. Section out your hair. Because mine is short, I typically just clip up the top, but if you have longer hair you might need to do three sections. I like to work my way up from the bottom, but you can section however you feel comfortable.
3. Take a 1-inch section of hair and bend it away from your face with the iron. Now here's the key to this look. Only go about 3/4 of the way down your hair—don’t curl all the way to the ends!
4. The next section you take should be the same size, but curl it in the OPPOSITE direction of the previous. This will give your hair tons of movement and body and keep your waves from clumping together!
6. Stick your hands in your hair and mess it up! Don’t be afraid! You’re not going to ruin your curls; it shouldn’t look perfect anyways! Break apart the waves and style it with your fingers to a shape you like. You can use some styling cream here for definition if you like.
7. Take your flat iron and just tap the very ends of your hair to make sure they’re straight. The straight ends add a cool, modern edge to this beachy look.
8. Lock it in with a little hairspray, and you’re good to go! (Above you can see the products I used.)
I love this look because it's quick and easy and works on every length. The bend in the middle of the hair adds movement without looking too “done.” xo. AnnaRose