I don't know about you, but lately I've been feeling the urge to travel more. I really want to make it a priority to take more time off in 2015 to see more of this beautiful world that we live in. There are SO many places that I have never been to! Just for fun I thought I'd share the top five places I'd love to travel to this year.
1. Charleston, South Carolina. I really don't know that much about Charleston, but my sister just surprised me by booking us a sister trip there for my 29th birthday later this month, and I could not be more stoked! It looks absolutely charming. I can't wait to eat some great food and take some photos of this new-to-me city.
2. New Orleans, Louisiana. Every few years I go through a thing where I want to see New Orleans. It's such an eclectic, delicious looking place. I love French food (especially pastries), I love old buildings, I love good bars… I think this town might be just perfect, right? I've never been, but I really, really want to make 2015 the year I finally make it happen.
3. Washington D.C. My nation's capital. Trey has a few cousins who live there, and we'd love to see them this year. In addition, I've never been to this city, so I'd LOVE to play tourist at some of the monuments and museums.
4. Dallas, Texas. Trey is originally from Texas and lots of his family on his father's side still live there (many of them in Dallas). So this is another visit-family-and-see-the-city type trip we'd like to take. Truthfully, I've never gotten to explore Dallas much outside of the airport and the Texas state fair, so it could be really fun to spend a long weekend there.
5. Chile! The last place on my list is a little more exotic, I mean, I had to include at least one international spot. Trey and I have been kicking around the idea of visiting Chile. Neither of us have been anywhere in South America before, and for some reason Chile keeps coming up.
Will I really get to visit all five destinations this year? I don't know. Maybe. I'm at least going to try to be open to whatever comes my way.
What about you? Any travel dreams brewing in your mind? Also, if any of you live in any of the cities I mentioned and want to give us recommendations, I will take them—so feel free! xo. Emma
Credits // Author: Emma Chapman. Photos: Charleston left/right, New Orleans left/right, Washington DC left/right, Dallas left/right, Chile left/right. I tried to find all the original sources for these beautiful photos, but if I've missed one or linked one incorrectly, please let us know!