With Halloween coming up, I thought it would be fun to share a list of our favorite horror movies. Now, I haven't always been a fan of horror, and I understand that some of you may not be either. So if you're one of those people who thought Stranger Things was too scary, maybe just skip this post. Haha!
Alrighty—with that said, I have to admit I now have a soft spot for horror films. It was an acquired taste for me. When Jeremy and I were first dating, he was always wanting me to watch horror movies with him, and I always said no. But I found my gateway in the 1960s and 1970s films because I love all things vintage, and they are so stunningly beautiful.
Now get your popcorn and fuzzy blankets ready!
1. Rosemary's Baby (1968) My favorite horror movie. It's inspirational to my design brain but also just the right amount of freaky.
2. Scream (1996) Nineties nostalgia in a slasher film. What's not to love?
3. The Exorcist (1973) Probably the most disturbing movie on this list and one of the most offensive movies I have ever seen. I swear that older horror movies are scarier than new ones.
4. It Follows (2015) Just watched this one for the first time. Very good.
5. The Shining (1980) One of the most visually beautiful horror films in my opinion. Be ready for a slow build.
6. 28 Days Later (2003) My favorite zombie movie. So good!
7. Blair Witch (1999) If you were one of the lucky ones, you watched this opening week when people still kind of believed it might be real.
8. Repulsion (1965) Impress any horror movie buff by recommending this one. It's also beautifully sixties if you're in the mood for a cool looking old movie. Great soundtrack too (Jeremy says!).
9. What We Do in the Shadows (2015) Not really a horror movie, more of a comedy. But SO good.
10. Eraserhead (1977) Couldn't make this list without including a David Lynch film. Surreal and creepy.
Bonus points—Hocus Pocus (1993) because Jeremy wouldn't let me put this on the list (snob), but I LOVE IT. Bonus points if you wear your hoodie!!
Thanks for reading! What are some of your favorites that we didn't include on the list?? xx -Elsie + Jeremy too