Hey, friends! Just thought I'd pop in and share my Halloween costume this year, along with some other fun stuff just for kicks. 🙂 So, Trey and I both got obsessed and binge watched Stranger Things earlier this year. I LOVED that season. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend you give it a try. Initially I thought it looked a bit too scary for me (I know, I'm lame), but it turned out to be the perfect blend of sci-fi, spooky, movies-from-the-80s-starring-kids kind of thing, and we both just loved it. Can't wait for the next season, although I hear it's going to be totally different.
Anyway, pretty much as soon as the season ended, I knew I wanted to be characters from the show for Halloween this year. I love that Halloween is kind of the perfect excuse to be a mega-fan if just for a night. I was able to find the majority of our costumes from one afternoon of thrifting. I also got a pink shift from the Studio DIY costume shop—did you guys see Kelly's costumes and shop this year?!?! EPIC. I have been eagerly awaiting getting mine in the mail since I saw the shop launch. I also love that I can wear the dress again, sans the rest of the outfit. Even though I was able to thrift most of our costumes, I still wanted to share some sources online in case any of you need some inspo as you finish throwing together your costumes this week. And then my list grew into a kind of wish list meets gift guide because there is SO much cute Stranger Things merch out there! I had no idea. Some of this is making it onto my Christmas list for sure.
1. Walkie Talkies so you can check in on your friends when you're ten and it's 1989.
2. Hat, in case you can't find a good Eleven wig (I struggled with that!)
3. D&D, anyone?
4. Cute little pink shift I'll be wearing again for sure.
5. Whoa, the music comes on vinyl?!
6. Shoes that work for boys or for girls. 🙂
7. Who doesn't love Eggo waffles?
8. I could not agree more with this mug. Adding to my Christmas list now.
9. Blue jacket. Goes great with pink dresses.
10. A backpack (similar here!) big enough for all your adventure and monster hunting gear.
Whether you are using the season as an excuse to geek out about a new favorite show (raises hand high) or not, I hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween this year! And if you need more help channeling your inner Eleven, check out Keiko's costume. xo. Emma
Credits // Author: Emma Chapman. Photography: Claire Shaffer & Emma Chapman. Products image sources linked.