This past year I’ve felt like I am always shopping. And to clarify, it’s definitely shopping for things like rugs and light fixtures. Don’t ask me what shoes or purses are cool right now because I honestly have no idea!
Anyway! I thought it would be fun for me and hopefully helpful for you to share some of the cool things I’ve found.
Rugs are a beast to shop for. Generally speaking, the bigger they are, the better they look in rooms. And they can get expensive, especially when you first move and you have more than one to shop for! I always try to get the best deals I can because rugs are not one of those things that lasts forever (except maybe cowhide). So I try to keep the prices reasonable. Although I will say I’m a huge fan of save & splurge, so if you have three rooms to buy rugs for, maybe get two really affordable ones and one that’s more of a special statement??
Here are ten rugs that you can snag for under $500 (and some are MUCH less). Remember to always sign up for newsletters and wait for sales if you’re shopping for things like rugs, furniture, and curtains… you can save thousands!
2. I love how soft and pretty this one is. The texture in real life is really nice. (Don’t forget – West Elm has a lot of sales!)
3. These large sheepskins are great. They can be washed and cleaned a lot better than a synthetic rug. So if you’re willing to do the maintenance, they can last a long time.
6. These rugs have become so trendy, but I’m still loving them! The best thing about them is they look good in almost any space. I’ve heard a lot of people say that theirs sheds a lot, but I’ve had mine out since October, and it hasn’t been a problem at all.
8. I think this is a really fun option for a statement rug. It’s a lot of look, but so beautiful!
9. This one is as well! I really like the bits of pattern.
Is there anything else I can help you shop for?? I have a private Pin board that is SO FULL of cute stuff… let me know if there is anything you’ve had trouble sourcing?! xx- Elsie