Countdown to Halloween! I didn’t really care all that much about Halloween before having a kid (although I do fondly remember some pretty good dress-up parties from back in the day after college). But now that Lola’s here and old enough to get the idea of “Halloween = candy,” well, I think this year will be extra fun! Here’s what else I’m loving this week:
1. My halloween costume with Lola—favorite thing of my year so far!!
2. So excited to read this biography.
3. Planning on getting a pair of these easy-on toddler boots for Lola.
4. How pretty would this be in a holiday hairstyle?!
5. Oh man, definitely making this soon for late night snacking!
6. Todd and I got to spend last weekend at a friend’s empty house while my in-laws came to spend time with Lola and I absolutely love doing these occasional “staycations” with Todd. It is an amazing job but it is hard parenting a toddler while both trying to work and switch off spending time with Lola so the other person can get their work done. Weekends like that where we can sleep in, nap, go out to eat, binge watch shows, and finish whole conversations are such a needed reset for our souls.
7. Got these bike shorts to wear with an oversized sweatshirt for errand running … so comfy and cute!
8. Are these sneakers way too wild or just the right amount of over the top?
9. This backyard makeover reveal—how amazing is that space!!
10. Does anyone else live in these kind of socks during the cold months? I swear the second the temperature drops below 65° I am digging mine out for the year—I hate having cold feet!
We also finally got some fall weather here in Nashville, so I really need to get out the winter clothes bin and prepare for the chilly weather ahead! My life is about to be sweaters and slipper socks for a loooooong time! xo. Laura