Hi! I am feeling REALLY GOOD about 2020 so far—how are you feeling? I have been doing my goals … imperfectly—that IS an option—it doesn’t have to be all or nothing! Feeling fresh!
1. This is the perfect dish set for kids: dishwasher safe, but also biodegradable and eco-friendly. Our lunch boxes are bamboo, but I want to get these dishes next.
2. Here’s what I’m currently reading. It’s very good.
3. I know it’s way too early, but I think I’m going to ask for this for Mother’s Day with our girls’ initials. Or maybe our anniversary with our initials. Augh, I can’t decide.
4. So, if you listen to our podcast you may have heard that my big 2020 goal is to take a photo (with a real camera—not my phone) every day. I can say, after just one week, this is going to be a GOOD ONE. Feel free to join me if you want. I haven’t even been perfect—I probably only got 4 out of 7 days the first week, but I already got these incredible photos of my girls that just look so different from phone photos. Very excited!!!!
5. This vintage rug is TOO good. I don’t need it, but someone does!
6. $5 sunnies. I’m wearing them in the photo above! I love fancy things as much as anyone, but I won’t be buying nice sunglasses until my kids are bigger. Choose your battles, right?
7. Jeremy got me this book for Christmas and it is completely and totally gorgeous. 10/10!
8. Since my fashion challenge (shopping used clothing only) is complete, I’ve been kind of nervous to just back into “normal” shopping, so I am using this workbook as my template for building a QUALITY closet over time. Last year’s challenge gave me a great start because as I was Marie-Kondo-ing my closet this past week I was like,”Wow, I love most of this stuff!” Moving forward, I want to keep that same mindset of quality and learning what I will love and wear for years to come.
A lot of people have asked what the first thing I bought was, and honestly, it was a bit anti-climactic so far (I bought a comfy jacket—nbd). But I am getting ready to try some spring clothing out, so I will share what I added after I see what the keepers are. I am thinking about doing sort of a capsule-type method moving forward. Not necessarily living with a 40-piece closet (I’m not really into that level or capsule), but I do love the part about evaluating your closet each season, cleaning out and adding a few quality items. And I definitely love the idea of only shopping once per season. It’s like batch working, but for the closet … my brain LOVES this.
Oh! And if you listen to our podcast (specifically our goals episode), you will be proud to hear that I am actually working on adding vintage to my closet this year. It’s a goal I had last year that I didn’t really get to. So excited!
9. Definitely our best kitchen gadget purchase of 2019, Jeremy has been making soup and ramen broth in this constantly.
10. These slippers are SO cute. I wonder how I get my dogs not to think they are a toy?
Did you know we have a curated Amazon storefront?? It’s good.