Happy weekend! We have my sister’s family in town visiting us this weekend, so we are probably knee-deep in toddler cousin activity right now. Seeing Lola with my family is one of my top joys in life and we are having a little second birthday party for my nephew as well, so Lola is pumped about that! Here’s what else I’m loving this week:
1. This rug! I love having some more pattern in that room and it’s an easy one to vacuum or spot clean if we have any lunch bits fall onto the floor. I also switched out a white shade for that brass pendant light (I used to have a clear one there) and I love the subtle difference—it feels like a new light!
3. Got Lola this affordable dress for our upcoming beach trip!
4. Added this light fixture to our front room recently and I’ve been loving sitting in that space and just hanging out on a weekend with a cup of tea and a good book. Lighting makes ALL the difference, and I’ve been learning that globe lights with white globes are definitely my favorite for creating a cozy mood (and a dimmer switch—always install a dimmer switch!!).
5. Speaking of books, I’ve been reading this one that my husband has been raving about for a few years. It’s the first of a trilogy and it’s such a fun read. If you’re a fan of C.S. Lewis at all, definitely give it a try!
6. My perfect vacation bag!
7. I know Keely was recommending the McMillions show last week, and I’d like to second that obsession. But I’ve also been binge watching Grace and Frankie lately and it’s just a show that makes me happy. I’ve loved Jane Fonda for a while (and I know that she knows Robert Redford sooo that’s extra points in my book) and you can’t help but smile and laugh when Lily Tomlin is a part of something. I showed Lola The Magic School Bus last month (a blast from my past) and she loves it, so I get to at least hear Lily Tomlin day and night now!
8. I’ve had a favorite pair of thin sleep joggers for a few years that I’ve worn several holes in and I finally replaced them with these sleep leggings. Soooo soft and cozy! And I promise I won’t tell anyone if you wear them out of the house …
9. I had a pair of inexpensive sunnies that were my absolute favorite for like four years until I found them broken one day (perhaps a toddler got a hold of them?) and the original place I got them from didn’t sell them anymore, so I was devastated. I scoured the Internet to find similar ones and I finally found these, which are basically the exact same thing. YES! Maybe I should buy a backup pair just to be safe?
10. I’ve been carrying one of these around in my purse at all times lately—they are super tasty and it’s a quick fix for when I’m out and I get “hangry” (which if we’re being honest is basically all the time)!
I’m definitely in that end-of-winter mode where good books and TV shows are kind of saving the day and it feels like spring will never come. I know that technically it’s all just around the corner and the little sprigs of daffodil leaves in my yard are keeping my hopes up until then! Come on spring! xo. Laura