Hello there. I hope you are having a beautiful Sunday. I’m here to share a few things I’ve been loving.
1. Black Lives Matter tees from Etsy—they come in kids sizes and you can pick your colors too. I found this shop on Etsy’s Black-Owned Shops page, which is such a great resource if you’re looking to support more Black-owned small businesses. There are so many beautiful things for sale on this page. I also discovered this 10-free nail polish there … in my favorite (nail) color!
2. If you’ve got kiddos at home, this space-themed craft challenge is incredible!!!
3. I listened to Big Magic last week and it was life changing. I cannot recommend it enough to pretty much anyone, but especially for people who need motivation to begin or complete a creative project. I’m going to send Elizabeth Gilbert a thank you note—it’s that life changing!
4. Impressed by the color range this clean beauty foundation is offering (a lot of clean beauty brands are smaller and sometimes the number of shades they offer is too limited). Also, this is the next concealer I am going to try. I feel like I’m on a lifelong quest to try every clean beauty product … haha.
5. The most beautiful pink dutch oven. Woweee.
6. World Market made replicas of my favorite vintage flower chairs. So cute!
7. I’ve been fantasizing about one of these outdoor movie situations. I think COVID-19 is making me want to make my own drive-in movie theater in my yard. 🙂 Does anyone have one? I’d love to hear how much you use it and any tips?
8. Our outdoor fire table is on sale!
9. I’m not sure if I already shared this, but I am obsessed with Dakota Johnson’s home tour (watch the video too). This home is magical.
10. OK, I would LOVE to hear your thoughts and opinions of TikTok! We’ve started posting over there, but haven’t fully committed to it consistently. It’s on my to-do list, but to be honest, I go back and forth on how interested I am in it. I get obsessed and then I don’t look at it for several weeks. I definitely love to see how different people are using it though. It’s a VERY interesting space. Find us on TikTok here.
P.S. If you haven’t given our podcast a listen yet, our library is getting pretty good and there’s a lot to marathon now.
I know you could get a lot of young followers on tiktok, but I’m kind of of the opinion that we should boycott it given all the damaging things happening over there for teens. Colin Kartchner has helpful stuff on that, as well as lots of news articles!
I was just taking a look at some different sites and happened to bump into an article on Forbes regarding TikTok. We were thinking of going with it, but after viewing this article, I think not!
Would love to see some mid-century modern lamp posts and outdoor lights….cannot find any good ones out there
In the process of choosing a home theater option now. But we’re painting the exterior of the house white and we’re picking a blue door. Probably something tomorrow morning w our painter and probably more of a peacock blue but curious about your door color choice? TIA.
I’d be VERY wary of Tik Tok. This article is looong but shares some disturbing info on it. Personally, I think the less social media platforms we use and share our info with, the better. https://www.boredpanda.com/tik-tok-reverse-engineered-data-information-collecting/
I just read this earlier! I went to look for more info and SO many articles popped up saying the same thing. Immediately deleted my account.
I keep hearing nothing but bad things about TikTok too! I say skip it all together.
I’d say fully commit to TikTok because it’s the Facebook/instagram for the next generation. I’m betting your followers will grow quickly because you post such fun things.
Ps I love the painted brick!
Hi! 3 thoughts on this list:
5. I recently convinced my husband to let me buy a light pink gooseneck kettle, so this Dutch oven just might be next on the list!
9. Dakota Johnson has been my go-to for bangs/fringe inspiration, and now I’m adding interior design inspiration to the list. Stunning!
10. Tik Tok is so weird yet so entertaining. However, I’m not sure the ROI is worth the time it takes to make/manage the Tik Toks for designers and DIY-ers, as I think most people watch it for humor/dance/puppies… or maybe that’s just me? ?
A pink gooseneck kettle??? That sounds SO cute! If you don’t mind me asking, where did you buy it from?
It’s the Stagg kettle from Fellow products. It doesn’t hold the most water, but it’s worth it because it’s so pretty ???