Hi, hi. Happy Sunday. 🙂
1. The weather here as been BEAUTIFUL and I’ve been sneaking out for walks as much as possible. This is definitely my favorite time of the year to be outdoors (sorry summer, you’re nice too). I have been loving these pocket leggings (and by the way, this bra is my favorite too—it has a lot of coverage, almost like a crop top). The pocket is necessary if you have a phone or keys you need to stash like I do.
2. This is SUCH a fun gift idea if you have a friend or family member who loves The Simpsons. You can get these portraits made and print it out and frame it as a gift!
3. My favorite pair of Madewell jeans. I wore my last ones so long that they got a huge hole. I love a button up fly!
5. I’m kind of into window shopping for holiday dresses even though I’m 100% sure we’re staying home for New Year’s this year. But I still kind of want to dress up A LOT. Anyone else sick of loungewear?
6. I got these as a birthday gift for myself (I’m really into finding excuses to buy myself gifts). They are SO cozy and warm and slip right on like UGGs, excepts they are way cuter!
7. If you’re in the market for new running shoes, I have these and I love them!
8. I shared on our podcast that I buy all my own gifts and so many of you wrote me saying that you do too. It’s funny because I buy really thoughtful, personal gifts for myself like this family birthstone ring from Etsy. Then, on Christmas morning I open them up and feel truly surprised (because I am really forgetful) and also Jeremy still gets credit and he’s like “I did such a good job.” Hahaha! I know it probably sounds strange to some, but it works for us and we love it.
9. I’m super into these mushroom soup crocks. What do you think? Adorable or cheesy (or maybe both!)?
10. Not that I need another zodiac necklace, but I definitely do.
Sending you all a warm hug, a high five, a cup of hot chocolate (with extra marshmallows) and a “be safe” said in my best mom voice. I have had some blue days where the internet feels like everyone is hanging out without me and resuming normal life despite Covid numbers going up, up, and up. If you have felt this way, you’re not alone. Keep being safe and responsible. I’m thankful for you! xx. Elsie
Always love your suggestions! I adore my Beetlejuice sweater and can’t wait to pick up more goodies…so much whimsy!
Great list! I’m a bit sick of wearing loungewear every day and we are 100% keeping the upcoming holiday celebrations to our immediate household (re: just my husband and I). As a treat I just purchased a *fancy* jumpsuit from Lulus for Christmas day!
I LOVE all cute mushroom things (but don’t like mushrooms really) and those soup dishes are amazing!
Thank you for articulating exactly what I’ve been feeling lately with everyone starting to go back to “normal” despite cases spiking! It’s been such a tough year for everyone and you described how I’ve been feeling about it better than I’ve been able to say it myself! Comforting to know others feel the same way and to stay vigilant about keeping ourselves & loved ones safe even if it can feel lonely/like a bummer! Hopefully we’re very close to the light at the end of the tunnel! Much love xo
I love these lists. Thank you and it is nice to know that others are feeling the same way about the world.
Love the Nordic boots in the featured photo! Seriously so cute.
Always extra marshmallows
Fun list! I’ve heard good things about Madewell jeans but why do people like the button fly? They seem inconvenient & bulky to me, but I’m curious. Thanks!
I think it’s cute and also your fly can’t be accidentally open (which I have dont SO. MANY. TIMES.) haha
Oh, if I had a dollar for every time I was accidentally unzipped! It only seems to happen when I’m wearing high waisted jeans and it feels like 2 feet of exposure.
I like those boots! Are they really comfortable?
I also feel like I’m the only one not living a normal life…. my newly homeschooled kids and I are SO totally isolated. But that feels right to us these days.
And I have always felt silly and selfish for just wanting to buy my own gifts. My husband has always stunk at giving gifts. STUNK. maybe I will finally join you and just feel good about it !
Hi Annie, yes they are extremely comfy and I can slide my foot in and out without lacing/unlacing them up, which is the best!