Can you believe there are only six days until Christmas? I can, because my 6-year-old keeps me updated every day, hahahaha.
For this week’s 10 things, I thought it would be fun to share a few last-minute gift ideas (and ideas for homemade and locally purchased gifts) from under my own Christmas tree this year.
The photo above are some family photo ornaments I made last week. I bought some tiny vintage frames from eBay and filled them with old family photos.
I also ordered these gold frames that already have ornament hangers. We lost our grandmother this year, and I wanted to do something in her honor and also remember her each year in the future.
1. I am definitely going to make a vintage-inspired putz village next year. Anyone else get the best Christmas decor ideas like the WEEK of Christmas? It’s OK, though—I always love to hoard ideas for next year.
2. OK … here are a few last-minute gift ideas from Amazon:
-I’m so excited to try making mochi for the first time. This book would make an adorable gift!
-Our 3-year-old specifically asked for nail polish in her stocking (send thoughts and prayers, lol).
-My kids LOVE to steal my necklaces, so I got them each one of their own that look like something I would wear.
–Classic dominoes in a beautiful case.
-The most beautiful coffee table book I’ve bought in a long time.
3. This adorable jacket is 25% off with the code HOLLYJOLLY.
6. I’m currently planning a Frozen-themed birthday for Marigold in January. So much fun! Let me know if you have seen any cute ideas. Definitely ordering these sprinkles and this balloon arch kit from Etsy.
7. I’m having so much fun making collages lately.
8. My favorite food-themed ornament I added this year was this pop tart!
9. Support local gift baskets. This year, we made several baskets filled with locally purchased gifts. We visited local shops and found items made in Nashville. I think this a great idea for a meaningful gift for someone on your list who is tough to shop for!
10. What’s your favorite movie to watch at Christmas??? When we get to Missouri, I think I want to do a Harry Potter marathon. Unpopular opinion, but I think the Chris Columbus ones are the most magical (the first two).
If you’re interested in making a homemade gift, here’s a roundup of 50 ideas! I love homemade gifts.
Sending love to you! Oh … and don’t forget to watch our holiday special. xx- Elsie
P.S. Here’s a link to last week’s 10 Things Sunday in case you missed it!