Happy New Year! As much as I love the holidays (and Christmas is hands down my favorite time of the year), there’s something refreshing about starting a fresh new year.
We’re kicking off our basement renovation this week and I am so excited! It’s completely unfinished right now, so it will be a lot of fun to see it all come together.
It feels like a great way to start the new year. You could say I’m feeling 20-22! 🙂
Here’s what I’m loving this week!
1. I got a few sets of these sandwich sized stasher bags for Christmas. I love using them for smoothie prep.
I put all my spinach and fruit in them so that in the mornings all I have to do is dump the bag in the blender and add a liquid! That morning time is precious!
2. Do you do a deep clean for the new year? I recently bought this fabric shaver (with almost 80k reviews!) and it took all the pilling off my leggings and worked on our couch, too. Such a good deal and yet very oddly satisfying.
Have you taken down Christmas yet? Be sure to check out a few tips and tricks from the team!
- Organize and store your Christmas decor like a pro
- Elsie’s storage room makeover
- Our favorite organization items
3. This is my favorite candle brand, they smell delicious. Their Red Ferne scent was actually named for the owner’s grandma, who happened to be my grandma’s best friend, which is such a special connection to me.
4. I got this bag for Christmas and it is my new go to! I feel like it’s a new/gen Z version of a fanny pack, maybe? Regardless, I’m loving it!
5. We grabbed this vanity when it was on sale for the basement bathroom, and I love the shower tile we picked!
Eyeing this sectional for the space, too—I love that it has USB chargers built in.
6. My fair isle sweater is on sale! Inventory keeps shifting a bit, so I had to wait a few days, but then my size came back in stock!
7. I may be behind the curve, but I was introduced to ThriftBooks last year, and it is my new favorite way to shop for books.
I love being able to filter by condition, and it’s fun to see some of my favorite titles with their various cover renditions.
A few titles on my reading list this year are Hamnet and Playing Big. I’m working on that list for a New Year’s goal this weekend!
8. Have you tried Zevia Creamy Root Beer yet? If you like root beer (which I get it, not for everyone), it is a must try! My friend introduced me to it and it’s become a fridge staple around here.
9. Is it bad that I’m already adding some Valentine’s pajamas to my online shopping cart? Nope! These pajamas are so cute!
10. Speaking of pajamas, I just ordered these Winnie the Pooh pajamas for my son and they’re on major sale! Eeyore was always my favorite Winnie the Pooh character.
Hope you had a wonderful holiday and you’re excited for what’s to come this next year!
i am also wanting to read playing big and am going to start the harry potter series with my kiddos- all the heart eyes.
and no shame, i might have already thought about decorating for valentines day…
Yay for decorating early!!! 🙂 Ahh! I cannot wait to start sharing some of my favorite series with my son too- that’s so special!
Hi! Thanks for sharing some of your basement picks! Our contractors arrive in a couple of weeks, and we’re still undecided on flooring. What are you going with?
That’s so exciting! We’re actually going with carpet! It was a tough choice but that’s where we landing because we’re wanting to keep it warm and have a little more of a cozy feel to it.