My last 10 Things Sunday post was published the day after Christmas, so I didn’t get a chance to share my Instagram Top Nine with you. Do you look at yours at the end of the year? It’s kind of a guilty pleasure for me.
Not to be a huge downer, but December was one of the worst months for me (ever). I lost my 5-year-old Boston terrier, Kennedy, very unexpectedly, and my grandma was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.
But, I still looked at my Top Nine because I knew there would be some happy memories to reminisce on. I love that The Shining twins costume I did with Elsie was number one. Haha.
Spoiler alert: We all heal differently, but my life doesn’t feel complete without a loving pet by my side. I’m bringing home a Boston puppy (I named him Norman) in February and I can’t wait to meet him. Here’s a current photo of him:
My heart! Here are some other things that I’m loving right now …
- This The French Dispatch character print is so good.
- I usually buy a couple Madewell sweaters when they’re on sale at the end of the season. I picked a striped pocket sweater and this ruffle shoulder sweater.
- My go-to essential oil blend to diffuse when I’m working during the day.
- Speaking of the workday, this is my new favorite coffee. It has notes of milk chocolate and citrus and it doesn’t have an acidic taste.
- I’m thinking about getting a new bath mat for my black and white bathroom. What do you think?
- The best hand cream of all time, especially during the winter months. My hands get so dry.
- I’ve mentioned before that I’m an estate sale fanatic, but I’ve been getting into local online auctions lately, too. Here’s the website I use to search for the ones in my area.
- I’ve been thinking about turning my sunroom into an office, and even though I prefer to buy thrifted furniture, this blue desk has been on my radar.
- I’m a crazy Boston terrier lady for life, but I still want this cute dog sweatshirt on Etsy.
- If you’re in the mood to bake this weekend, I rounded up our favorite cake recipes on the blog last week. xo, Jacki
P.S. Here’s a link to last week’s 10 Things Sunday in case you missed it!
It seems that many of your 10 Things posts link to old 10 Things posts from the homepage. Perhaps there’s something amiss with the template?
And the most recent 10 Things post (2/6) doesn’t show up on the blog view.
Thank you for all you do!
Thank you for letting us know– it’s fixed now!
Jacki, I am so very sorry for your loss of Kennedy, and the sad news about your grandma. Congrats on the new puppy. I hope he brings you comfort and joy.
Thank you Kristin!
<3 I'm so sorry for your loss <3
From one crazy boston terrier lady to another, I hope your 2022 is brighter with the new puppy's arrival cause my heart is melting at that pic!
Thank you! I can’t wait to meet him 🙂
Oh Jacki, I’m so sorry to hear about your grandma’s illness and your loss of Kennedy. 💔
So sorry to hear about your loss and your hard December. ❤️ Thanks for the tip about the estate sales site. Looks cool!
Hi! I saw above you mentioned enjoying diffusing an essential oil blend. I wanted to let you know that many essential oils, such as eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil, cinnamon, citrus, peppermint, pine, wintergreen, and ylang ylang are toxic to pets. These are toxic whether they are applied to the skin, used in diffusers or licked up in the case of a spill.
Thank you for letting me know!