I am never ready to “spring forward” but am always grateful for the extra sunlight after I adjust to the time change.
If you’re like me and live somewhere that practices daylight saving time, I’ll cheers with you and an extra cup of coffee! 🙂 Here’s what I’m loving this week!
1. With coffee top of mind, my favorite iced coffee drink is the salted caramel cold foam cold brew (phew, that’s a long name) from Starbucks. I’ve been trying to drink more coffee at home, so I’ve working on my own recipe.
2. I’m working ahead on Easter a bit. I’m so excited that I’m hosting this year! I found this adorable tag on Etsy from one of my favorite shops, and it’s perfect for my son’s Easter basket.
3. The Cuddle and Kind doll in the photo is the bunny Henry—he’s so cute! We got it for my son last year, and my plan is for it to come visit every Easter season as a special toy (kinda like Elf on the Shelf, but no rules/commitment, haha).
4. I haven’t seen it yet, but am looking forward to seeing Death on the Nile. In the meantime, I’m re-reading several Hercule Poirot mysteries.
Did you know Agatha Christie hated the character after she created him? But, he became so popular she felt like she had to keep writing him. Which is so funny to me! My favorite is the The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.
5. Our basement renovation is officially complete! Now I get to add a few finishing touches. I just ordered these amber glass jars for the shampoo and conditioner for the bathroom.
6. We went with carpet for the basement, but I still plan to get a rug to kind of separate what I’m designating as the “playroom” from the rest of the living room. I love this ABC rug and this “Play All Day” rug is adorable.
7. We got this toy sink that actually works (it cycles the water through) and my son LOVES it!
He’s almost 2 and will sit and play with it just washing toys for longer stretches of time. We spread out all the beach towels in the living room, but it’d be a great outdoor toy too.
8. I still use my Everywhere bag pretty much every day. The spring colors are so fun!
And if you’re craving Chex Mix, you have to try Elsie’s homemade Chex recipe.
10. I love the Capri Blue candles, but have only ever bought their original Volcano scent (Anthropologie burns it). I recently got their Havana Vanilla scent, and oh my goodness … it’s my new favorite.
I hope you’re having the best weekend! xoxo, Claire
P.S. Here’s last week’s 10 Things Sunday post in case you missed it!