This week, I have been slowly putting away our Halloween decor and pulling out our Christmas pieces. I’ve found that I enjoy it most when I do a little bit every day.
Here are 10 things I am loving this week!
1. I just finished reading this book and it was one of my favorites of the whole year! It’s sort of a mystery that unfolds slowly, but what I really loved were the characters and the details.
If you want to see what else I have read this year, here is my Goodreads.
2. Madewell has 30% off jackets and boots with the code STAYWARM. These are my favorite boots of the season. I wear them with everything. This coat is so cute.
3. You all have to try this cookie recipe. They are SO good.
4. The sweetest holiday wine glasses.
5. So many of you have sent me this Home Alone Lego kit. It looks like SUCH a fun activity (similar to a puzzle) to leisurely work on the week after Christmas. I’ve heard it takes many hours to complete.
6. These handmade mugs are beautiful.
7. Seasonal Reese’s or nothing. Agree or disagree?
8. Now that I’m out of my diaper bag era, I’ve entered my belt bag era. 😉
9. I just received my copy of The Woks of Life. It’s an excellent Chinese American family cookbook.
10. Our kids’ star stockings are back up this year. They’re pictured above.
P.S. Here are a few posts from last week in case you missed them!
- Why You Should Decorate Your Kid’s Room for the Holidays
- Creamy Sausage + Kale Soup
- How to Hang Curtains
- Easy Vodka Sauce
- 10 Things I Love Sunday
If you’ve got kiddos in your life, check out our free holiday crafts, templates and games at Childhood Magic. We’ve got Thanksgiving, Christmas and Hanukkah.
Love seeing the lego kit on here! There are many adults who enjoy building lego (I’m married to one ) Watch out, it’s addictive! 🙂 They release a new holiday set every year. We have a whole lego holiday village! They double as playsets for kids and display, so it’s very fun.
A few reading recs with food for thought regarding consumption: Anne Helen Petersen’s substack piece “A Theory of Sprawling Holidays” and Eula Biss’s Book “Having and Being Had.”
I love your girls’ stockings! So cute!