1. Attended the opening of Magnolia Goods in Nashville, TN (my IG husband got a pretty good pic, no?). It’s just gorgeous in there. I bought a blanket for our nursery and plan to go back and buy all the clothes as soon as we know our baby’s sizes. I recognized dozens of independent brands walking through… made my heart so happy!
On that note! I just realized I am finally really ready to write a Nashville shopping guide, so keep an eye out for that!
2. I want to try this breakfast pizza recipe from Pinch of Yum.
3. Ever fallen head over heels in love with a bag?
4. This is the next book on my reading list.
5. Loved this kitchen renovation reveal from Almost Makes Perfect. So inspiring!
6. Been working on a list of weekend road trips we can do as a family of three. First on my list is this adorable hotel in Chattanooga, TN. Please leave me links in the comments of any special places you know of where we could do a little weekend stay (that are baby friendly). I’m thinking mostly short drives and direct flights for the first few trips.
(BTW—I see now that this hotel doesn’t allow little kids, which is so weird. So I guess we’ll go there pre-baby. Is that common to not allow children under 12 in a hotel??)
While it’s still just the two of us, we are going to make the most of it and travel as much as we can to places that aren’t so baby friendly… still trying to decide a beachy babymoon location as well! I’m not sure whether to choose one we know and love or branch out and go someplace new.
8. You can pre-order my husband’s PINK record here. It’s only $17. We were lucky enough to get a few pressings this past week, and wow—it’s just beautiful. It comes out April 28th and my favorite song is Awake and Pretty Much Sober.
9. Still slowly decorating our nursery and planning to reveal it here on the blog in May. It’s by FAR my favorite room I’ve ever decorated. There is something so warm and fuzzy about preparing a room for your child before they arrive. I swear I get choked up every time I walk in there. It has helped make our waiting period more manageable, more than I can even express. I am going to try not to share any more spoilers because I don’t want to ruin the surprise (like I always do! I am the worst at keeping secrets…), but if you follow me on Instagram, you know this mirror was one of the first pieces that inspired the whole design.
It’s been really fun to work on a nursery alongside Laura. And even though we have a lot of similar tastes, our rooms are turning out so, so different. Can’t wait for you to see!
10. Watched Moonlight last weekend… it was incredible.
Happy Sunday! Elsie
ps. Did you see we have a job opening? Resumes are coming in fast, so don’t delay if you are interested.