Hello there. What a week it has been! I saw my first Katy Perry concert, worked on a bunch of big projects and (most importantly?) broke out my yellow faux fur coat!
1. Anthropologie holiday decor is here … I have honestly been checking since, like, September. Haha! Ever since the first year Jeremy and I were dating, we always buy a few ornaments there every year. This year, these zodiac ornaments are on my list. I also really like this tassel unicorn and these tags.
2. While I’m on the topic of holiday decor (and, yes, I realize it’s still October), West Elm has some too. I’m thinking about these striped stockings. Also, how do you handle family stockings if you care too much about matching, but also don’t know how many children you’ll end up with? (Just buy 20? Haha. Stick to a color scheme? Mismatch and stop caring? Help me!) And this felt wreath is a 10/10. So pretty!
3. Did you see Kelly’s Oui Fresh sunnies costume??? I wanna cry! Little Arlo is really KILLING IT in the family costume posts, don’t you think?
4. We’ve been watching The Orville and it’s so fun. I watched Star Trek: The Next Generation as a child with my family, so I kind of love this show.
5. Trader Joe’s croissants … anyone? Anyone?
6. I’m obsessed with this lip mask. It’s so nice!
9. Are we excited for Stranger Things season two? (Jeremy and I are! Nostalgia at its finest!)
Jeremy and I attended a wedding last weekend where no cell phones were allowed. It was refreshing and started a lot of conversations for us about maybe leaving our phones in another room during big moments. I recently took a day off Instagram (logged out) and it was alarming to me how many times I reached for it— even without thinking.
10. One of my favorite A Color Story packs is now available for desktop. (Photoshop or Lightroom!)
What are your thoughts on creating boundaries with devices and social media?
My first baby shower is this weekend (having one in Nashville hosted by Laura and one in Missouri hosted by Emma). I’m SO excited! Will share photos soon!