Happy Sunday, everyone! The first snows of the season landed over the last week in Nashville, and while it is pretty while it’s falling and whatnot, I’m definitely ready for springtime and summer to hit! Thankfully, I’ve got a few goods things that are distracting me in the meantime …
1. Reading this book right now and it is fascinating! Life-changing stuff for sure. Working full time and being a mom doesn’t leave me a lot of reading time, but I’m trying to take a 20-minute decompression soak in the tub after Lola is in bed. So I’ve been reading during that time. I’ve been keeping my diffuser in the bathroom so I can add some calming essential oils to the experience and it’s soooo nice …
2. Is it too early to pick out a bathing suit?? If not, I pick this one!
3. This is my third week of trying to do some meal prep for the workweek on Sunday and this meal prep idea is so good! I made it this week because I’m already craving it again.
5. I hate being cold, but since “sitting is the new smoking,” I’m trying to get out and take some more family walks, even if it’s a bit brisk outside. As long as the sun is out, it’s actually pretty pleasant once we get moving and we put Lola in one of those zip up body suits that covers everything with a blanket on top. She loves to be outside regardless!
6. Trying to buy more necklaces that won’t turn green after a week (eek!). This one is my favorite choker right now—so pretty!
7. I’m very proud of myself for having gone almost a week where I hang up/fold/put-in-laundry every item of clothing I take off. Our bedroom has never stayed clean this long and it feels so nice to go to bed and wake up in a clean room! Even Todd is impressed!
8. Love Sucré’s new music video—they may be our pals but they are also amazingly talented!!
9. OMG, I NEED THIS FOR MY CATS!! Charlie is looking out the window right now at a bird, so I can’t even imagine what she would do if she could watch one that close!
10. Is it possible to have a lamp for a soulmate?? This may be it …
I’m trying to think of the weather in terms of cozy nights snuggled under the covers, hot coffee, and how many delicious soups we can make, but I won’t be mad when that spring weather finally hits! For the rest of you warm-weather people, what are your favorite ways to make the winter a little brighter?