This week, I’m dreaming of a beach vacation to soak in all the goodness that summer has to offer. I can’t decide though if taking a 1-year-old to the beach is fun and relaxing or so much work that it’s best to just stay home. I can totally see both scenarios happening!
1. Those mules in the photo above are perrrrrrr-fect! I love a good clear detail on a shoe and the strap on this one helps keep the shoe on but makes your foot/leg appear longer than a mule that would have a fully solid front—and it comes in pink too! Maybe I should get those too just in case … (these are the jeans in the pic and they are the softest jeans I’ve ever owned!)
2. My favorite summer dish so far!!
3. Being a working mom has certainly made me view the time that I spend with Lola differently than the time I spent with her before I was back to work full time. I certainly feel the need to make the most of just about every moment I can, so recently we’ve started having girl’s coffee/bottle time on the back porch in the morning while the air is still cool and it’s pretty special. We let the cats out and watch them roam around and annoy each other and she “organizes” Todd’s disc golf discs and picks up the big rocks in our plant beds to hurl them back in. We play our morning playlist and she’ll sit with me on our patio couch and I just smell her hair and hope the moment lasts forever … OK, that’s all before I start crying.
4. This wallpaper would be so pretty to have in a small room like our bathroom—it’s light but has a great print that’s not overwhelming.
5. I think for the rest of my life I will always read “packing for Paris” posts—I’ve only been once (a few years ago) but it’s my favorite trip I’ve ever taken and I just felt very comfortable there with the French way of life and I would love to go back someday. Maybe for a 10th anniversary trip in two years?
6. I spilled paint all over our doormat on my way to do a project recently, but this cutie mat is making me forgot all about what a pain that was to try and clean up. Hmmm, what else can I “accidentally” spill paint on to get a new one?
7. I would love to get one of these this summer since we go through a ridiculous amount of LaCroix and it would save a lot of cans from having to be recycled as well. Does anyone have one? Do you like it? Ideally, I know there are some that use glass bottles and that’s what I would prefer since we try to limit plastic use as much as possible, but I don’t know if that affects the performance or not—let me know if you’ve tried one!
8. We started watching the show Barry this week (it’s on HBO Now) and it’s really funny. It’s about a hit man that wants to become an actor and it’s got Bill Hader from SNL as the lead. I’ve never really seen him before in a serious role, but he’s great! It’s also got Henry Winkler and any opportunity to watch The Fonz in action is fine by me.
9. This is such a cute toy idea! Totally on my list for when Lola gets to that stage.
10. Ordered these for our cookout this week! So cute!
We are adding all our favorite summer items to our wishlist and Pinterest boards, so make sure to check them out to see all the goodies! Maybe if I find a matching swimsuit for Lola and I, I’ll be forced to take that beach trip after all! xo. Laura