It's the start of a new season and I have a fun challenge for you! Way back in 2010 I wrote about my 4 Simple Goals. It was fun and helped me to stay inspired during the busiest season of the year. This morning Jeremy and I decided to give ourselves this challenge again! We want to invite you to play along too. Here are the "rules"-
1. Choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. Choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.
2. Do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example…. instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". Get what I'm saying? Positive actions instead of just the end result!
3. Choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! They can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. Choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! It can be a small or large reward- it's up to you.
5. Blog about your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year! I'll be doing this too! Link back to this post if you want to and leave us links to your goal blogs in the comments of this (or any) post for a chance to be featured on ABM before the new year. We will be sharing some of our favorite reader goals with links to your blogs! *NOTE: Please feel free to use the image above on your own blogs if you like!
Do you think this is something that could enrich your life? Are you excited? I hope so.
Here are my goals…
1. Decorate with patience. This is an important goal for me. I am a list maker and I love the feeling of starting and finishing a project in one day. With my new home, I am trying to be very purposeful about decorating with patience. Instead of buying the first thing I see, or choosing things impulsively I am a trying to spend quality time on the whole process. I want to enjoy this season and I think that this goal will help me to focus less on accomplishing and more on enjoying. 2. Paint something. I haven't finished a painting in a few years. I've started a bunch, but I never finish. I blame this in part on not having a devoted painting space. In two weeks this excuse will be gone and I'll be setting up my new space after we move. I really want to start and finish a painting just to kick start the creative process and get back into a groove! 3. Eat green food every day. Over the summer Jeremy and I did Green Smoothies Diet. It was awesome. We drank green smoothies each day and made salads and other (mostly green) foods. We loved the challenge and want to stay in the habit of drinking green smoothies and eating at least one salad each day. I'm excited about trying to find ways to incorporate autumn vegetables into our salads. 4. Practice photography. As with all hobbies, it's easy to get in a rut. I love photography and this season I want to challenge myself to try new things and grow! I will make a short list (maybe 5-10) of styles and techniques to try. I think this will be a fun way to spice up my favorite hobby. For my rewards I am making an Etsy wishlist… just little things that I probably wouldn't treat myself to otherwise. Although, I kinda feel like the larger reward is the creative spirit that these goals will nurture. 🙂
Are you guys up for the challenge? I can't wait to read about your 4 Simple Goals! xoxo, elsie