I’ve actually been looking forward to this weekend for months as we are spending it in Asheville, N.C. with my side of the family and it will be the first time we’ve all been together in one spot since we started adding some babies to the family circle. SO EXCITED! I feel like it’s totally that weird time of year when you aren’t sure what to pack because you are hot during the day and cold at night, so I’ll probably be packing waaay too much as usual. … Here’s what else i’m excited about this week!
1. Lola’s favorite toy ever! In and out of the bath … I just bought some for my nephew Beckett “from Lola” since she loves them so much.
2. Just bought this in white—love a good A-line jumper with a long sleeve tee and boots for fall.
3. This is on the top of my recipe list to try this week! Comfort food is the best part of fall for me.
4. I’ve been putting sweet orange and cinnamon essential oils in my diffuser this week and I’m in heaven. The orange/cinnamon combo is my jam during holiday season and it’s basically all the yumminess of a stove simmer but a lot faster to create!
5. Did you see the new Goop collection with CB2? What do you think of that pink couch?
6. Love the textural look of this scalloped table—so simple yet unique!
8. HAHAHA, this totally made my day and I think I need to order one of us for Todd for sure!
9. I’m making my first batch of royal icing cookies all on my own this week and it’s so exciting! I feel like it will go so much faster once I get the hang of it (hopefully!), but right now I keep doing that thing where you stop every other second to check and recheck the recipe or instructions because you want to make sure you are doing it right, so it takes forever!
10. This is my faaaaavorite style of furry coat and I thought the color was so stunning I just had to try it and I’m SO glad I did. It’s such a fun piece and I can’t wait to wear it out in winter to make the gloom a bit brighter!
We are in charge of bringing cronuts from the Five Daughters Bakery here in Nashville to our family vacay and I think I’ll take my cookies along too—if they aren’t too embarrassing to show anyone! Hanging with my family is totally my happy place so I hope you are doing something that feeds your soul as well this weekend! xo. Laura