Hello friends! I’m back from maternity leave and although it’s, of course, bittersweet in some ways, I am SO EXCITED to be back here on the blog for fall.
2. The best purchase I made while on maternity leave was for sure this Smeg coffee maker. I’ll probably do a full post about it at some point, but after years of doing pour over/espresso drinks, I just needed something very quick and easy to fit our new morning routine with a baby. Bonus points: It’s gorgeous almost to the point of being decor on TOP of being functional.
3. Over the summer we marathoned a ton of Fixer Upper on Hulu. I had never really watched it (I’d seen maybe 3-5 episodes in the past mainly on our family vacation) but we watched multiple seasons and it was very fun. I learned so much more about my own style by opening up to the “fixer upper style” and seeing which things I loved and didn’t love. I learned so much about Jeremy’s preferences too, which was fun!
4. Doing my “only used clothing” challenge this year has been relatively easy most of the time, but this jumpsuit just about killed me. I will definitely be asking for it for my birthday AND Christmas, lol. Olive green forever!
5. I’m loving the new Lana Del Rey record (but I love them all).
6. Easy art with a big statement.
7. Emma found these chairs on Amazon for our holiday house and when I saw them in person I couldn’t believe the quality. They are super pretty and look vintage.
9. Just in case you want to make your own PSL syrup at home.
10. I’ve been thinking about doing a crazy dollhouse for the girls. But it’s such a deep rabbit hole to fall down—I’m not sure. Tell me your thoughts. I MEAN.
I’M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK here on the blog. Love you all!
High fives! xx- Elsie (and Goldie)