If you are in need of an easy-to-bake cookie recipe and are in the mood for chocolate, then do yourself a favor and bake these brownie cookies. They are SO good! And they are so simple; there’s a good chance you already have all the ingredients.
I added some rainbow chip sprinkles to give this batch of brownie cookies that cosmic brownie feel. 🙂 But could top these with other seasonal sprinkles, flaky sea salt (this is my favorite brand), or nothing at all. All options are delicious.
The only drawback to this brownie cookie recipe is you have to chill the batter for at least 30 minutes before baking. I know. It’s hard to wait when you’re in the mood for chocolate. Or maybe I’m the only one who just lacks patience. Ha. But I tried making these with no chilling time and it just didn’t work, so I promise it truly is necessary, I’m not just messing with you. 😉
You can also freeze the batter in balls and bake these individually or just a few at a time if you don’t want to share. Up to you!
Enjoy these brownie cookies and tag us if you make and share these online as I’d love to see. Happy baking! xo. Emma
Credits // Author and Photography: Emma Chapman. Photos edited with A Color Story Desktop.
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- sprinkles or sea salt flakes for the tops
In a glass bowl over simmering water or in the microwave, melt the chocolate and butter together. Allow to cool, but not harden.
In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar. Add this mixture to the melted chocolate. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder until combined. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Spoon or scoop onto a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper. Add sprinkles if using. Bake at 350°F for 9-10 minutes (the centers should look slightly raw). Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet then remove to a cooling rack.