A classic vodka martini is a super simple cocktail. It only has two ingredients, but because it is so simple, there are a number of small variations that can really impact the final drink.
Personally, I love simple cocktails because I enjoy mixing up a drink at home sometimes, and a classic vodka martini is not only delicious, but it’s super easy to make. And, I almost always have the ingredients on hand.
Below, I’m sharing 3 ways to make a vodka martini at home!Jump to Recipe
3 Ways to Make A Vodka Martini:
- With Vermouth and a large twist of lemon
- A Vermouth wash (after your glass is chilled, add 1 tablespoon of dry vermouth and swish it around the martini glass to coat it).
- Adding an olive (and olive juice) for a dirty martini.
Either way, the number one piece of advice I have for those who enjoy a good vodka martini at home is to keep your vodka in the freezer.
This keeps your spirit super cold and ready to make into a martini in a second’s notice. 😉
If you don’t have a lemon in the refrigerator, you could swap it with a lime, orange, or even grapefruit rind. It will change the final drink, but in a pinch, these are all still delicious options. Cheers! xo. Emma
P.S. Check out 12 Best Martini Recipes for more!
How to Make a Vodka Martini
- 1 cocktail shaker or glass
- 3 parts vodka
- 1 part vermouth
- 1 large lemon rind for garnish
- 1 teaspoon olive juice optional
- 1-2 green olives optional
- In a cocktail shaker or glass filled with ice, add the vodka and vermouth. Stir to combine and then strain into your a glass.
- Squeeze the lemon rind over the top of the drink. Then add the rind to the drink.
- In a cocktail shaker or glass filled with ice, add the vodka, vermouth, and olive juice, Stir to combine and then strain into a chilled glass.Squeeze the lemon rind over the top of the drink. Then, add the rind and 1-2 olives to the drink.
- Add the vermouth to your chilled martini glass and give it a couple of swirls so it coats the entire inside of the glass. Then, pour out the vermouth.
- Add the vodka to the glass and top with the olive and olive juice.