I am all about the late night snack. We just refer to it as the “fourth meal of the day” at our house because there’s pretty much zero chance of it not happening. I do love a good weekend celebration snack night with all the junk food I can handle, but I try and keep the snacks on the healthier side during the week to balance out my weekend splurges. I had been making (and really enjoying) this healthy cookie dough dip recently, but I couldn’t help but wonder how I could make it more chocolatey because, you know, chocolate = better. And what’s a great way to make chocolate even more delicious? That’s right, coconut!
We’re partnering with Califia Farms, who happen to make my favorite coconut almond milk, to make this chocolate coconut cookie dip. It tastes like you’re dipping your favorite fruit or pretzels into a chocolate coconut macaroon, and since it’s dairy free and I make mine with a natural sweetener, it’s a pretty healthy option that I don’t have to feel guilty about! Hooray!
Chocolate Coconut Cookie Dip (Dairy Free!)
Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie’s Healthy Cookie Dough Dip
1/4 cup Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almondmilk
1 1/2 cups of white beans (a 16 oz can drained and rinsed)
1/8 teaspoon salt (rounded)
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup nut butter (choose almond or cashew butter unless you want it to have a peanut butter taste)
1/3 cup oats
sweetener to taste (you can use honey, another natural sweetener, or regular sugar)
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup toasted unsweetened coconut
Don’t forget to save a little toasted coconut to sprinkle on top of your dip as well! The coconut almondmilk really does make all the difference in the world here, as the coconut flavor really comes through and brings it all together. This dip has a great texture that’s perfect for scooping onto a pretzel or a piece of fruit. To be honest though, I usually just grab a spoon and eat it straight from the container! I think that’s a pretty good sign though, so I’m OK with that…get your snack on, people! xo. Laura
P.S. If you’re enjoying this as part of the Weekday Weekend challenge be sure to use an unsweetened non-dairy milk and natural sweeteners or none at all.
Credits // Author and Photography: Laura Gummerman. Photos edited with Stella from the Signature Collection.
For more recipes like this one, don’t forget to subscribe!
Get creative ideas for recipes, crafts, decor, and more in your inbox!
- ¼ cup Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almondmilk
- 1 ½ cups of white beans (a 16 oz can drained and rinsed)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (rounded)
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup nut butter (choose almond or cashew butter unless you want it to have a peanut butter taste)
- ⅓ cup oats
- sweetener to taste (you can use honey, another natural sweetener, or regular sugar)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup toasted unsweetened coconut
- Add all of the ingredients (except the coconut) together in a food processor and blend together until the mixture is pretty smooth.
- Toast the coconut in a dry pan over medium heat until it turns a golden brown color. Watch it and stir often so it doesn't burn!
- Sprinkle the coconut into the processor and pulse to blend together. You can eat it right away, but I usually chill it for an hour or so in the fridge before I eat it.