In some ways this granola sort of reminds me of no-bake cookies, although not quite as chocolatey or quite as sugary-sweet. It’s a breakfast-appropriate version. 🙂 Plus the addition of crunchy hazelnuts just gives it such a fun flavor! I especially love this paired with raspberries and strawberries.
The following recipe will make around 3 cups of granola. So you can enjoy this for a week or two (depending on how often you eat granola for breakfast or an afternoon snack). Or you can store it in a clean, glass jar, add a ribbon and gift to a friend. I would LOVE to receive some homemade granola from a friend.
Hint, hint to anyone that’s listening. 🙂
2 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (I used black sesame seeds because that’s what I had on hand.)
1/3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 teaspoons cocoa
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Combine the oats, nuts and seeds in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, salt, cocoa, syrup and extract.
Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. After the first 10 minutes, remove and toss so all the pieces get roasted. Then continue baking.
Credits // Author and Photography: Emma Chapman. Photos edited with A Beautiful Mess actions
For more recipes like this one, don’t forget to subscribe!
Get creative ideas for recipes, crafts, decor, and more in your inbox!
- 2 ¼ cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (I used black sesame seeds because that's what I had on hand.)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 teaspoons cocoa
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Combine the oats, nuts and seeds in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, salt, cocoa, syrup and extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture and stir so that every piece gets coated. I like to use my (clean) hands for this step as I think it ensures each piece gets it's fair share of coating.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. After the first 10 minutes, remove and toss so all the pieces get roasted. Then continue baking.
- Once cooled you are ready to serve with yogurt, milk, or however you like to enjoy your granola.