I love a pie that you don’t have to turn your oven on for. Ha! This easy no-bake key lime pie is the perfect warm-weather treat, being super simple to make and totally delicious (or try the banana cream version if you’re a banana lover like me)!
If you cannot find key limes you can absolutely make this with standard limes—it will still turn out great and no one has to be the wiser.
Often when I make no-bake pies (like this no-bake peanut butter pie), I will use a store-bought graham or cookie crust. This makes things SUPER easy and I like that they usually come with a cover, so they are easy to pop in the refrigerator or freezer for chilling.
But sometimes I opt to make my own crust, which I did here. In the recipe card below, I’ll include the vanilla wafer crust ingredients and directions. But if you want to use a store-bought crust, feel free!
The filling could not be easier to make—you are essentially just whisking a few ingredients together and then letting the whole thing chill in the crust shell. The only “trick” to it is you’ll want to use softened cream cheese (so set it out the night before you plan to make this.) Otherwise, you can end up with lumps—and although it will still taste delicious, it’s not quite as cute.
Pie should be cute, IMO.
You can decorate or garnish the top of this pie lots of different ways. You may want to use way more whipped cream than I did, or just try other looks and variations. Enjoy! xo. Emma
P.S. Check out 15 easy no-bake desserts for more recipes!
Grab this guide to see our Top 25 Recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 1 ½ cups vanilla wafers (crushed)
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter (melted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding ( 3.4 ounces)
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup lime juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons white sugar (granulated)
- To make the crust, use a food processor to crush the vanilla wafers. Then, stir in the melted butter and press firmly into a pie pan. Freeze until the filling is ready.
- To make the filling, whisk together the instant pudding and milk. Then whisk in the softened cream cheese, lime juice, zest, and sugar.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and refrigerate or freeze overnight (see note). Garnish with lime wedges and whipped cream before serving.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.