Like a lot of you out there, I spend a good portion of my time wishing I had an iced coffee in my hands. I started buying cold brew coffee this summer and it’s a great base to use for lots of cold coffee confections.
I was making myself a simple iced coffee recently and I noticed that I had some chocolate almond milk in the fridge and decided to make my coffee with that instead.
Once I poured that in, I realized that a touch of coconut would also be delicious and the chocolate/coconut combo would make my basic coffee into a fabulous drink of German chocolate cake—yum!
To make your coconut rim, squirt some honey on a small plate and dip the rim of your glass in the honey. On a separate plate, sprinkle some fine coconut and place your sticky rim into the coconut shavings.
I really love the whole chocolate/coconut combination, but adding it into coffee also gives it a whole new flavor dimension. Hope you enjoy this sip of heaven as well! xo. Laura
Get our FREE recipe guide with our most popular recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- ½ cup cold brew coffee
- ½ cup chocolate milk or almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons coconut syrup
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup (like Hershey’s syrup)
- coconut flakes and honey for rim (optional)
- To make your coconut rim, squirt some honey on a small plate and dip the rim of your glass in the honey. On a separate plate, sprinkle some fine coconut and place your sticky rim into the coconut shavings.
- Add some ice to your glass and pour in your milk, coconut syrup, and chocolate syrup.
- Pour your cold brew coffee on top, stir, and enjoy!