Beeswax candles are our newest obsession! Not only is pure beeswax a beautiful golden color, it has a cleansing effect on the air in your home. Beeswax is naturally scented. I love the scent. It’s fresh and pretty, but not overpowering… a little bit like honey! We purchased 5 pounds of pure beeswax from this Etsy shop and made more than ten candles with it. Here’s how-
1. Begin by heating up the wax on the stove in a pot to 140°F. You don’t want the temperature to exceed 185°F. Pour a small layer into the base of a jar and place a piece of candle wick into the center of the jar.
2. Hold this in place until the wax is dry enough to where the the wick stays in place.
3. Next, make an X with tape over the top of the jar, poke a hole through the top and pull the wick through. Fill up the jar with melted wax til the desired height. We filled ours 1/2 an inch from the top.
5. After the wax is completely solid, cut the wick so that it’s 1/2 inch tall.
6. Light + enjoy your pretty, new candles!
I am so excited to enjoy these natural candles in my new home. I’ve read that they don’t leave any black soot behind when they burn. Have you used (or made) beeswax candles in the past? What do you think? xo. elsie