During the spring, I usually add a lot of new outdoor plants, and when the weather starts to turn cold I bring them indoors for the winter.
This post is in partnership with Walmart. As soon as I saw this potting station, I ran outside and measured our space to make sure it would fit. It was easy to put together and is super functional for plant projects year-round.
What to Look For in a Potting Station:
There are lots of options online for potting stations. Here are my tips for picking one out!
- Think through what size is manageable for your space and gardening goals.
- Choose a spot where you aren’t afraid to make a mess. I chose outdoors for this reason.
- Think year-round about your gardening projects.
How to Pick Herbs for Your Garden:
My favorite plants to keep are herbs. I specifically love rosemary and mint because I use them the most when cooking. I try to keep them all the time. I also love aloe because I grew up with my mom putting it on my cuts and scrapes, and now I do that for my kids.
- Choose herbs you use often for cooking.
- Keep a list of recipes you can use your herbs to create.
- Remember to water your herbs almost daily—they need a lot of water.
I used to only collect white pots all the time, but recently I am enjoying various textures and natural colors, as well.
Thing to Add to Your Potting Station:
- Gardening tools like a trowel, shears, or a spade (I love this set)
- Potting soil and seeds
- Watering cans (these copper ones are cute and functional!)
Are these not the cutest gardening tools you have ever seen? I love a matching set like this. These would make a cute gift as well!
I hope this post has been helpful. If you have any questions, I’d love to answer them in the comments. xx- Elsie
P.S. Here’s a link to my dress, too!