I’ve been in the mood for some new fall wardrobe pieces, so I decided to make my own! I stitched this little backpack from a lined men’s plaid shirt I thrifted. Here’s how:
- Plaid button up shirt
- sewing machine
- lace ribbon or thin rope.
How to Make a Plaid Backpack
- Begin by cutting off the sleeves, neckline, and (depending on the size of the backpack) the botton of the shirt. Stitch up the sides and bottom so that it creates a bag.
- Next, create a loop on the top of the back with both ends open so that you can thread some type of ribbon or rope ribbon through. We used a lace ribbon for our backpack. Once you’ve thread the ribbon through, flip the back right side out.
- With the remaining fabric from the sleeves, sew two straps that are roughly 20×2 inches.
- Lastly, stitch them to the backpack by attached the two top ends on top of one another and the other ends on opposite sides.