I love serving trays. They’re such a cute way to pass drinks, serve snacks, or display flowers and decorations. I’ve been slightly obsessed with glitter vinyl lately, and I thought the vinyl would be a fun way to upcycle a serving tray in need of a makeover. Here’s how I did it:
• Serving tray
• glitter vinyl
• fabric scissors
• silver spray paint
• a strong glue (we used E600)
• self adhesive felt pads (optional)
1. Spray the serving tray with the silver spray paint and let dry. Repeat with a second coat if needed.
2. Measure the inside of the serving tray and cut out a rectangle of glitter vinyl the same size.
3. Use the glue to attach the vinyl to the bottom of the serving tray and allow the glue to dry completely. (You can attach a few small felt pads on the bottom of the tray to protect any surfaces in your house if you would like).
The great thing about the vinyl (other than the fact that it’s sparkly-duh) is that if you spill any drinks you can wipe the vinyl clean with a cloth. Easy! I love how the tray looks with a few rows of pretty champagne cocktails lined up. It looks like I’m totally ready for our New Year’s Eve toast now! xo. Laura
Credits // Author and Photography: Laura Gummerman