Hope your weekend is treating you well! I spent part of last week traveling, so I’m mostly catching up on laundry and cleaning. I went down to my Harry Potter-inspired Bnb to add a few more updates, and also show Trey the space. It was so nice even though we worked the majority of the time we were there. I don’t mind! Love the sunshine.
1 + 2. I finished reading The Husband’s Secret and started Evvie Drake Starts Over while I was traveling. I usually spend most plane rides reading, as it helps with the (mild) anxiety I tend to feel when on a plane.
3. I have been drinking this all winter and so far I haven’t gotten sick—which is pretty amazing for me! I’m sure there are other factors, but just figured I’d share this anyway. This is just generally for immune support, I am not referencing this as a coronavirus preventative or cure. Let’s all do what we can to stop and slow the spread of that in our country as much as we can so our health care system will not be overrun and those who need medical resources will hopefully have access to them. Stay safe, think of your community, and do what you can.
4. Added a few accent walls and things to our Harry Potter-inspired house and I’ll share more soon. But one of my favorite things I bought to use was this Marauders Map. It was shockingly good quality for the price (I thought), although good luck finding a frame to fit it.
5. This is more for Springfield, Missouri locals, but if you haven’t made it out to Ozark to check out Finley Farms’ The Workshop, you should! I took a Smile and Wave weaving workshop this past month and it was excellent and the space was insanely beautiful. They serve coffee and drinks during the days/evenings too.
6. Speaking of weaving, if you’re looking to get into it I highly recommend Rachel’s book. Obviously, getting to take a workshop with her is even better. 🙂
7. One more Springfield, Missouri news item—I have to say happy birthday to The Golden Girl Rum Club!!!! She turned four years old this year, and a huge congrats to Rogan and the entire staff. I am not involved in the day-to-day running of the bar, so I am just bragging about them. I have been telling Rogan for years he should write a cocktail book—it would be epic.
8. Sandal season is almost here! I have been eyeing these one-color Birkenstocks, and although I love the beet red and mango, I would probably wear the black or olive color more … but is that boring?
9. Have you tried the Sway: Magic Dance app? It’s hilarious! I did it with my niece and she loved it, too. Lots of fun. Five stars. Would recommend. (I mean, I am.)
10. Recently got the Vibrant and Pure cookbook and geez, it’s beautiful! Already been making mermaid toasts.
Wishing you a great weekend. xx. Emma