Hi friends, before we jump into my 10 things, I wanted to bring attention to something that is of urgency: actively responding to the racist events that have been happening this week and beyond, like the murders of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and Tony McDade. We have been donating and signing petitions, and we want to encourage you to do the same.
While one of the officers involved in George Floyd’s murder has been charged, there were others involved. Please sign this petition to demand the other officers are held accountable.
A few educational accounts to follow on Instagram are: Rachel Cargle and The Great Unlearn, The Conscious Kid, and Check Your Privilege. And an excellent book to pick up is Woman of Color by LaTonya Yvette.
Please share below if you have any other resources you’d like to add to the conversation!
Here are some things I’ve been loving:
1. This amazing wallpaper. My love of wallpaper is SO DEEP at this point—it’s a full-on obsession. Did you know that Gucci makes wallpaper? It’s pretty amazing too. My favorite print is the Tian one. Which is your favorite? My friend Allison used the Tiger in her bathroom (I’ll try to get her to do a home tour on here sometime!).
2. If you want to support a small business right now, here are a few places I have been shopping for our home: Lucent Lightshop, Apple & Oak and Shop House of Barkley (I got these dog bowls—they’re SO cute).
3. These cups are so dreamy for summer (or anytime).
4. I have nowhere to wear it, but I really want this dress and might invent an occasion?
5. I am really REALLY in the mood for ricotta pancakes. My fave!
6. We’re about to paint our exterior white, and there is one lonely sconce on our porch that needed and upgrade. This is what I picked. SOOO excited to see it all come together!
8. If you’re a Clueless or Legally Blonde LIFER like me, you’ll wanna see these. I cannot pass up a fuzzy scrunchy.
10. This cutie coffee table is such a steal.
I hope you have a great weekend! I’m thinking of planting a eucalyptus tree in our yard. And definitely making brownies! xx- Elsie