Hi everyone! It’s now been about three weeks since we moved and I thought I would share some life updates with you.
I plan to share room tours and home projects per usual, but at the moment we are still unpacking boxes and moving furniture around 4x a day. We’re in that in between phase, which I really enjoy.
I am constantly walking around the house with wallpaper swatches and paint samples trying to envision projects to come. Even though we are far from settled in, we already feel at home here.
The first thing we did (after the bare essentials) was begin to set up our front porch. So far, it’s our favorite spot in the whole house.
Every morning, we begin the day together with coffee on the front porch before the kids wake up. It feels magical! (Here’s a link to the hanging faux flowers).
The family walks in our new neighborhood are incredible. We’re loving living in a walkable neighborhood with cute little restaurants and coffee shops.
The reason we moved back to our hometown was to spend more time with family, and the amount of family time we have had in just three weeks has been shocking.
It’s probably equal to what we would normally have in six months. So for that reason alone, we are so grateful to be here. It’s such a gift to have almost daily family time. Our children are in heaven. (Here’s a link to Marigold’s sun dress).
We got a stair runner installed this past week, and WOW, it made a big difference both in the squeakiness of our old steps and also the general feeling of *home*.
I am currently in 10+ projects mode. These are some chairs I was painting last week. As soon as I finish one thing, I start at least three more.
I am having so much fun furnishing our home with 50% antique and vintage finds. It’s feeling more personal all the time.
Now, here are 10 things I am loving right now!
3. I just finished this book after Emma’s amazing reviews and I absolutely loved it. It was beautiful and very unique!
5. I’m currently working on this puzzle.
6. One of my favorite things to search Etsy for is affordable, original paintings. I love this one.
7. If you’re looking for a cute summer craft for your kids, download our butterfly template.
9. I searched everywhere for comfy chairs to put in our kitchen. I know it’s different, but our kitchen has a fireplace with a TV and enough space for two chairs or a small loveseat.
10. Does anyone have fun TV or movie recommendations for this summer? I need something to watch besides rewatching I Think You Should Leave (so good!! I was literally laying on the floor laughing at one point).
P.S. Here are a some recent posts in case you missed them!
- How to Care for a Rubber Tree – One of my favorite plants.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe – My husband has recently become a baseball fan, and WOW, there are a lot of games—almost every day. I’m secretly excited to have a sport in our life just so I can make recipes like this, though. Haha.
- Mocha Frappe Recipe – Emma has been doing a series on basic coffee recipes and they are so good (and so useful!).
- Paradise Drink Recipe – I have recently been working on a series of Starbucks copycat recipes and this one is super delicious.
- Summer Bingo – A cute printable bingo game for your kids to enjoy this summer!