I’m having a wonderful weekend filled with family, witches hats and fake spiders. I have been working on Halloween preparations at our home and also preparing for Christmas right after that. It’s so intense how this time of year moves so quickly, and as someone who enjoys planning ahead it’s hard for my brain to keep up. It’s my favorite time of year!
1. After my last post and all your recommendations, I ordered the Whirley Pop and I already tried it. It’s AMAZING. I will be doing a blog post about it soon.
2. We’re about to have our first guest in our new guest room. I’ve been working really hard on setting it up. I love these makeup washcloths and I remembered this hair dryer bag from my bnb era. I even got this little WiFi card so they don’t have to ask us for the password. I love trying to make it feel like a fancy hotel. Would you like to see a blog post about setting up a guest space?
3. Currently reading Demon Copperhead. It’s really heartwrenching. I’m loving it, but I will probably do a palette cleanser like Paris: The Memoir as soon as I am done. I’d love to hear your book recommendations (anything from spooky, to funny to guilty pleasures).
5. I am having SO much fun writing recipes for the blog. A few of my personal favorites recently are the classic margarita and classic old fashioned. And I loved creating shot recipes lately like the green tea shot and the cinnamon toast crunch shot. It’s fun learning new recipes and photography skills.
7. I just added a bunch of these shelves to our basement and I am so excited to get organized (and finally unpack our remaining boxes!).
8. The one fall recipe I really want to make with my kids is caramel apples.
9. I bought Emma the Anthro Beauty advent and I can’t wait to give it to her! For the kids, I decided to make small toy advents this year since I feel like small toys get overshadowed on Christmas. I thought this way they would get more attention. For the girls, I did their favorite characters like princesses or superheroes and for Oscar I did Paw Patrol and cars. I love the idea of advents and how they can spread out the fun of receiving small gifts! Btw, here is my heirloom advent calendar DIY.
10. Did you see this? Halloween Crafts for Adults (so fun!)
P.S. Here are some recent posts in case you missed them!