It's no secret that I'm a total product junkie. I love trying new products and searching out the best pieces from each makeup line. People are always asking me what my favorite drugstore makeup products are, so I thought I'd put together a list of my favorite beauty steals!
1. L'Oreal Paris CC creme tinted eye roller — This is my absolute favorite drugstore product. You might remember me using it in my Hollywood makeup tricks post. I have several of these stashed in my purse and makeup kit. It's a lightweight under-eye illuminator that works on every skin tone. It makes me look rested even when I have a 5 am call time.
2. Revlon Skinlights — This product was so popular that people were buying it out of stores and selling it on eBay when it got discontinued. Revlon recently brought it back, and makeup artists everywhere are celebrating! Skinlights is a great multipurpose product for serious glow. You can use it alone, under your makeup, mix it with foundation, or tap it on top for seriously dewy, glowy skin. I like to mix some with my body lotion and put it on my legs when I'm wearing a skirt.
3. Cetaphil cleanser — This is a staple for makeup artists everywhere. It's a gentle cleanser that removes dirt and makeup without irritation. I have been using it since I was a teenager, and it keeps my face clean without being drying. I also keep it in my kit and dip Q-tips in it to fix mascara mistakes or lip liner smudges.
4. NIVEA A Kiss of Care and Color balm — This is a cheaper alternative to my much-loved Fresh tinted lip balm. I love the coral and cherry shades! Moisture and sheer color all in one.
5. L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara, Carbon Black — THE HOLY GRAIL OF MASCARAS. This is the end all-be-all for me in terms of mascara. It's buildable, doesn't flake, and is a true black. Plus, it's less than 10 dollars. This is my favorite mascara of all time and believe me, I've tried them all (one time I spent 50 dollars on a designer mascara, and I still think this 10 dollar one is better!).
6. Maybelline BB cream — This BB cream has been getting a ton of love from the beauty blogs. Full disclosure: my favorite BB cream is still the Stila BB, but if you're on a budget this one is a close second!
7. Rimmel Stay Matte powder — Drugstore powders have a tendency to be packed with talc and can end up looking chalky, but this one has a really nice finish and (as the name suggests) stays matte for hours. I tend to be kind of oily in the T-zone, so I love this powder to keep me from getting shiny throughout the day.
8. Neutrogena makeup remover wipes — My favorite wipe. This one gets off even stubborn waterproof makeup. I keep these in my gym bag to get my makeup off before yoga and next to my bed for emergency face cleansing.
9. Revlon Colorburst Balm— Elsie and Emma love these too! They're very similar to the Tarte ones. There are tons of great colors, and they come in matte and glossy finishes! Elsie looks so awesome in the bold matter colors, and I love the glossy neutrals; there's something for everyone in her color range.
10. L'Oreal Paris Infallible eye shadow — These pressed pigments are another pro secret. The colors are gorgeous and they LAST. A fellow makeup artist used these shadows while shooting a movie in a swamp in New Orleans (oh, the humidity!) and was so impressed with their staying power that she bought every color!
Those are my top 10 favorite drugstore beauty products. There are lots of hidden gems at your local drugstore, so don't be afraid to experiment! Some of my other favorite lower-priced lines are NYX and e.l.f. Target also carries a fantastic line called Sonia Kashuk. You don't need to spend a fortune to have fun playing with makeup! Thanks for letting me share! xo. AnnaRose