This 30-minute sheet pan pizza is inspired by my love of pizza and also my inability to plan sometimes. But before we dive into that I have to ask a VERY important question. Are you a pineapple on your pizza person, or no?
But good news, no matter where you fall on the pineapple debate, it doesn’t really matter for this pizza. This is 30 minute sheet pan pizza recipe is all about the dough. The goal: super fast yeasted pizza dough. We want pizza but we don’t want to wait an hour!
There are really just two secrets you need to know for super quick rising pizza dough: rapid rise yeast and a very warm resting spot. I have a little jar of regular yeast in my refrigerator pretty much all the time as I (obviously) do love to cook and bake and sometimes I actually plan ahead.
Looking for more quick recipes? Check out 40-Easy 30 Minute Dinner Ideas
But I love having a few packets of this rapid rise instant yeast on hand too, in case I am needing to throw together a pizza dough in 30 minutes or less.
Yes, I said “need” to make pizza. You read that right. 😉
After making the dough, I will cover (in the same bowl I mixed it in) and let it rise in a warm oven. Usually I will just turn my oven on for a few minutes, then turn it off but keep the door closed.
This creates a cozy little warm spot in my otherwise drafty kitchen where I can let my dough rise and the warmth helps speed things up in addition to the instant yeast.
But if you live in a warm place … well, good for you. That must be nice. I guess you don’t need to know this little oven trick.
(I’m just joking around, it’s warm for at least half the year where I live.)
And I didn’t add this to the recipe card below because I wanted to keep things simple, BUT major bonus points if you melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and dried parsley to brush the edges of the crust before baking. Just adds a little something. 🙂
Happy pizza baking, friends! xo. Emma
Looking for more sheet pan recipes? Check out ...
Get our FREE recipe guide with our most popular recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting)
- pinch of salt
- 1 packet (2 1/4 teaspoons Instant Yeast (Rapid Rise))
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sauce (cheese, and toppings you prefer)
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, salt, yeast, water, and olive oil. No need to proof the yeast in warm water first. Just mix it all together until a loose dough ball forms. Cover and allow to rise for 22-25 minutes in a warm place. See blog post for a little tip on this.
- Generously flour your counter top, rolling pin, and hands. Roll the dough out until it’s roughly the shape of a 13×8-inch baking sheet. Lightly oil the baking sheet before adding the dough. Add your sauce, cheese, and toppings. Then bake for 10-12 minutes at 400°F