Totchos are tater tot nachos. They are an ultimate extremely easy family meal. In this post, we’ll teach you our favorite lunch or dinnertime version.
They are simple to make, great for a group, and my kiddos love them!
Related: 60 Easy Dinner Recipes
- Frozen tater tots
- Shredded cheese
- Ground beef
- Black beans
- Garnish options – sour cream, avocado, green onions, cilantro
Tatchos are an easy one-pan meal. Simply layer your tater tots, then ground beef, half of the cheese, beans, corn, and then the second half of cheese on the top.
After you have baked your sheet pan meal, garnish with sour cream and fresh toppings like avocado, cilantro and green onions. This recipe is so easy; you can see my 4-year-old assembling it here.
Here’s the quick little video I made showing exactly how to make sheet pan totchos.
Tips for Making:
- Customize the toppings for your taste. Another popular variation is chili cheese—top your tater tots with cheese and a can of chili. After it bakes, add sour cream and onion to garnish.
- If you want to swap the shredded cheese for nacho cheese, you can.
- Try a breakfast variation by swapping the ground beef for turkey sausage or bacon.
Here are some other recipes that go great with tatchos:
- Rotel Cheese Dip
- Mango Salsa
- Creamy Black Bean Dip
- Margaritas or Mojitos
- Potato Chip Cookies
- Best Weeknight Nachos
Frequently Asked Questions
What are totchos?
Totchos are nachos made with a base of tater tots instead of a base of tortilla chips. You can use any combination of toppings you enjoy on nachos.
Can you make this recipe vegan or gluten-free?
Tater tots are naturally vegan and typically gluten-free. This recipe is very easy to customize for your preferences.
Grab this guide to see our Top 25 Recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
Get the Recipe
- 32 ounces tater tots (1 bag)
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, (shredded)
- 1 cup ground beef (seasoned)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup canned corn (drained)
- 1 cup canned black beans (drained)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup tomatoes (chopped)
- Prep the corn and beans by draining the cans.
- Chop the tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, and avocado slices.
- Cook the ground beef. I season my ground beef with garlic powder and salt because my kids prefer it that way. You can use Mexican seasoning if you like it more spicy.
- On a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, arrange the tater tots in a single layer that covers the sheet.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the tater tots. Next, sprinkle ground beef, corn, beans, and the rest of the shredded cheese on top.
- Bake at 400ºF for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and fresh toppings like avocado, cilantro, and green onions.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Finally tried these…used most of a bag of tots, a pound of taco seasoned- (that I mixed myself) beef, a can of black beans, half a bag of frozen corn, and the 2 cups of cheese. Overbaked a lot because of logistic, but cheese didn’t burn. We had fresh tomatoes in the accompanying salad. I put salsa, avocado salsa & light sour cream on ’em, and they were a hit!!! Easy finger food that’s soft for the elders was my thought, but they ended up using forks. No leftovers…I made sure of that!
This has made it into our regular rotation! Thank you! Now I just need the 32 oz tots to be back in stock at our store.
It’s a comfort food night and this is just so spot on. Thanks Elsie, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🙂
This is one of our new faves!
Making this for my kiddos (on repeat!)
This recipe is so fun!
I made these tonight and they were sooo yummy! I may or may not have gobbled up three servings! Lol. I love that this recipe made a lot and I have enough for some leftovers. I’m definitely adding these to my rotation.
ha, so much fun, haven’t ever tried these before, wouldn’t have imagined ever incorporating tater tots! But that’s what makes these fun, thank you
These look SO GOOD! reading about this at work makes me hungry and sad that I cant make them RIGHT NOW! Cant wait to try these!
Thank you so much! I hope you try them!