I am still plenty obsessed with this one banana banana bread, but sometimes you need some chocolate. Am I right? That’s where these banana bread brownies come in.
These truly have the taste and texture if a banana bread loaf married a pan of brownies and had a baby. A dessert baby! Aww. (Wait, did this get too conceptual? Hmmm …) And maybe a few bonus points for being dairy-free?
Or should I say brownie points?! Sorry, I crack myself up. 🙂
You need two very ripe bananas, and other than that, if you bake much at all you’ll probably have everything else already. These are very simple to throw together but very delicious if you like chocolate and banana together (raises hand high).
I topped this batch with some dried banana chips just before baking. Really, I was just trying to make these extra cute, but they are just as delicious with nothing on top. 🙂
So, if you’re in need of an easy baking project this weekend, give these banana bread brownies a try. xo. Emma
Love brownies? Give our brownie mix crinkle cookies a try!
Get our FREE Holiday Recipe Guide for more ideas!
Free Holiday Recipe Guide
20 tried and true recipes for the holidays!
- 2 bananas (ripe)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar (granulated)
- ¼ cup sugar (brown)
- ⅔ cup cocoa
- ¾ cup flour (all purpose )
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (semi sweet )
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped)
- In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Then stir in the olive oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Then stir in the sugars until just combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Then stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into a lined square baking pan. And bake at 350°F for 20-22 minutes.