Sipping on a mojito always tastes like vacation. A classic mojito is just one of those drinks that I tend to order when I’m on a beach.
And, since I live in the middle of the country, this only happens on vacation trips. This recipe for the best mint mojito brings all the vacation vibes to your home!
A mojito is an awesome cocktail to make at home. It’s simple, refreshing, and the perfect cocktail to make this weekend. This is the best at-home mojito recipe, and I know you’ll love it as much as I do.
Also, if you happen to have stumbled on this post in the dead of winter, I still think a mojito is a fun cocktail to choose.
I’d try sipping this in front of a sunlight lamp or with all the lights on and watching your favorite beach-themed movie. Can you tell I’m already planning how I’ll cope with the post-holiday winter season this year? Haha.
Best Mojito ingredients:
- White Rum
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Homemade Simple Syrup (or the store-bought kind)
- Lime-Flavored Club Soda or Lime Sparkling Water
- Muddled Mint Leaves
- Chipped Ice
Usually, mojito recipes are made with white rum. This is the kind I usually have on hand at home. It’s good for more flavorful or tiki-style cocktails, but not necessarily a good rum just for sipping.
And most often, a mojito is topped off with club soda, but when I make it at home I like to use a lime-flavored sparkling water like La Croix or Bubly.
More refreshing cocktails to try:
In the recipe below, you’ll see that muddling the mint leaves is an important step. If you don’t have a muddler, you can use a spoon or a reusable straw.
The goal is to really smash the mint leaves in the mix so they release their oils, as this enhances the flavor and the aroma.
And major bonus points if you use chipped ice. This really elevates any at-home drink. Sometimes, I will buy a bag from Sonic and keep it in my freezer—especially if I’m hosting a party and will need extra ice anyway. But any ice is fine, don’t get too hung up on that. 🙂 Cheers! xo. Emma
P.S. Check out 40 Fun Cocktails to Make at Home for more recipes!
Grab the guide below to see our Top 25 recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 2 ½ ounces rum (white)
- 1 ounce lime juice (fresh)
- 1 ounce simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- lime-flavored club soda (or sparkling water)
- In a cocktail shaker, add the rum, lime juice, simple syrup, and mint leaves. Muddle (smash) the mint leaves well. Add ice and shake the cocktail, then strain into a tall glass such as a Collins or Highball glass. Add ice and top off with the club soda. Garnish with a mint sprig.
- You can buy simple syrup or make your own. The simplest way is to combine equal parts water and sugar in a small pot over medium heat. Whisk until the sugar is fully dissolved, and do not allow the mixture to boil. Cool and use as needed, or store in a container in the refrigerator and use for months as needed.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.