Every now and again I like to indulge in a frozen hot chocolate. It’s just plain fun. It’s basically like ice cream, but not…since no ice cream is required to make these. Surprised? You might also be surprised that you already have most of the ingredients on hand.Cookies & Cream Frozen Hot Chocolate, makes 3-4 servings.
8 oz cookies and cream chocolate (two of the larger, 4 oz. bars)
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
3 tablespoons hot cocoa mix (if you can find a white chocolate variety, even better)
3 cups whole milk
6 cups ice cubes
Start by melting the chocolate in a small pan over medium heat or in the microwave.Since the chocolate bars have small bits of cookies in them, keep a close eye on it while melting. It’s easier to burn this type of chocolate bar than most. Once melted remove from heat and stir in the sugar and hot cocoa mix until well combined. Combine the chocolate mixture with the milk and ice in a blender. Puree. Pour into 3-4 tall glasses and garnish with whipped cream and, if you want, a toasted marshmallow.Make these for a small group of friends this holiday season! Enjoy. xo. Emma
Grab this guide to see our Top 25 Recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
Get the Recipe
- 8 oz cookies and cream chocolate (two of the larger, 4 oz. bars)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot cocoa mix (if you can find a white chocolate variety, even better)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 6 cups ice cubes
- Start by melting the chocolate in a small pan over medium heat or in the microwave.
- Since the chocolate bars have small bits of cookies in them, keep a close eye on it while melting. It's easier to burn this type of chocolate bar than most. Once melted remove from heat and stir in the sugar and hot cocoa mix until well combined.
- Combine the chocolate mixture with the milk and ice in a blender. Puree. Pour into 3-4 tall glasses and garnish with whipped cream and, if you want, a toasted marshmallow.
Credits // Author and Photography: Emma Chapman
This looks wonderful, I’ll have to make it gluten-free!
feathers and ash
whoa this looks and sounds delicious 🙂
Yum! These look so good 🙂 Great recipe Emma
Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten
Yummmmmmyyy! Will try these this weekend 🙂
Mmmmm, I looooove frozen hot chocolate!! What a treat 🙂
This recipe looks fantastic! I am definitely going to try it out this Christmas! Thanks for sharing, girls! 🙂
it is delicious. I tryed it yesterday. Uhmmmmmmm
Very nice blog Elsie and Emma:-)
Ready to prepare it 🙂 Souns amazing !
My gosh this looks amazing! I would think white hot chocolate would be so perfect in this recipe, my gosh i’m drooling. can’t wait to try this recipe!
This sounds SOOOO good!
This looks yummy, too bad it’s so cold right now I don’t really feel like driking cold drinks, but I’m saving this for the warmer days 🙂
Frozen hot chocolate just sounds like so much fun! I am definitely planning on trying this during one of our social events this season.
I sure could use one of these right about now!
My sister use to make me frozen hot chocolate once a week in the summertime..so good…
These look incredible!!! Can’t wait to make this over the holidays! 🙂
YUM! What a great treat! This recipe looks like such a fun dessert!