I could probably survive off dips. By choice. There is just something so addictive about chips and dip, and this easy corn dip recipe is no exception.
This is a cold, creamy dip made with just five ingredients. It’s perfect for a picnic, boat day, or really any party spread.
This dip feels very Midwest to me, although I am not sure of the actual origin. Sometimes I have heard versions of this dip called “crack corn dip” and it reminds me of Rotel cheese dip in that it’s something I would probably find at a family get-together growing up.
Related: Find more amazing dip recipes in Snacks + Appetizers archive and 40+ Easy Picnic Food Ideas.
- Canned Corn – Southwest or MexiCorn preferred
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Pepper Jack Cheese
You can add a few more spices and seasonings if you want, like garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
How to Make Corn Dip
Drain the corn from the can juices. Finely chop up the green onion. Shred the pepper jack cheese (if it’s not already).
In a large mixing bowl, stir tougher the corn, mayo, sour cream, green onion, and cheese. Taste and add any spices or seasoning you feel it needs. I tend to add a little garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper usually.
Serve cold with tortilla chips or sliced vegetables like bell peppers.
Tips & Variations
- If you can’t find Southwest corn or Mexicorn, you can use any canned corn and add a few finely diced red bell peppers for a little more crunch and color.
- You can substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream if you want a lighter version of this dip.
- If you really want to bump up the flavors, try mixing in a packet (or half a packet) of taco or fajita seasoning. Or add a little chopped cilantro.
More Dips Recipes
If you like this corn dip, then you’ll probably love:
- Shrimp Dip
- Smoked Salmon Dip
- Oreo Dip
- Cookie Dough Dip
- Fruit Dip
- Creamy Chicken Dip
- Taco Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
Grab this guide to see our Top 25 Recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
Get the Recipe
- 2 cans Southwest corn
- ½ cup green onions
- ¾ cup mayo
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 16 ounces pepper jack cheese
- Drain the corn from the can juices.
- Finely chop up the green onion.
- Shred the pepper jack cheese (if it’s not already).
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the corn, mayo, sour cream, green onion, and cheese.
- Taste and add any spices or seasoning you feel it needs.
- Serve cold with tortilla chips or sliced vegetables like bell peppers.
- You can add a few more spices and seasonings if you want, like garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Leftover corn dip can be stored covered in the refrigerator for at least 5 days.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
I’m going to have to try this!
This is one of my favorite midwest dip recipes – such a classic! Generally when I make mine I also include a can of diced green chilies… I know, pretty *spicy* for a Midwestern crowd 😉
I find that Fritos are the perfect dipping companion for this one!