Broccoli is probably my favorite vegetable. I love it! And most of the time, I prepare it two ways: either this easy broccoli salad or air fryer broccoli (sometimes with cheese!).
This broccoli salad is crunchy, creamy, and flavorful. Yum! This is a great side dish to go with whatever you are making for dinner, whether it’s a steak or frozen pizza. This is an easy salad recipe to have on hand, plus it’s SUPER simple.
Related: Classic Pea Salad with Bacon, Deviled Eggs, Classic Potato Salad, Ambrosia Salad, Tuna Salad, Macaroni Salad, Creamy Pasta Salad, and 40+ Easy Picnic Food Ideas..
This easy broccoli salad is only three ingredients, plus a creamy dressing. But, I will also share other ingredients you can add to change this up or fit the flavors your family might love even more.
Broccoli Salad = broccoli + dried cranberries + sliced almonds (all tossed in dressing).
Other ingredients you might want to add:
- Bacon or bacon bits
- Sunflower seeds
- Bell pepper, chopped
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pepperoni, sliced (or mini pepperoni)
- Dried berries, like cranberries
- Hard boiled eggs, chopped
There are lots of ways to customize this easy broccoli salad, or you can keep it simple— which is what I typically do.
Other salads you might like:
- Lemony Kale Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Sushi Salad
- 3 Easy Pasta Salad Dressings
- Green Goddess Salad Dressing
This easy broccoli salad has around 6 cups of broccoli (pictured here). This is two big heads of broccoli, or around 600 grams.
Broccoli salad dressing ingredients include: mayo, apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, finely chopped shallot, cayenne, plus salt and pepper. Simple!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is broccoli salad good in the refrigerator?
At least 2-3 days and likely more. Keep in mind though that the longer the broccoli salad sits in the refrigerator, even well covered, the creamy dressing will soak into the salad, making the texture softer and it can become mushy over time. So, I recommend eating this broccoli salad within a day or two of making it.
Can you freeze broccoli salad?
I would not recommend this. It would be better to make the dressing ahead of time, and even chop up the broccoli.
Grab this guide to see our Top 25 Recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
Get the Recipe
- 6 cups broccoli (600 grams)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (5 ounces)
- ½ cup sliced almonds (2 ounces)
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Prepare the broccoli by washing then chopping off excess steams/stalks and chopping the rest into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli with the dried cranberries and almonds.
- Finely chop the shallot.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the shallot, mayo, apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon, and cayenne.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Pour the dressing into the large mixing bowl and stir so everything gets well coated in the dressing. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Making this for my next bbq.
Thanks for sharing this recipe. I made it last night and it was delicious! Thanks for the prompt!
Awesome! So glad you enjoyed it