Forever on a kick with my air fryer, this easy air fryer broccoli recipe (with or without cheese) is the latest recipe I want to share. Here’s a big list of my favorite things to make in my air fryer.Jump to Recipe
Air fryer broccoli is super simple. All you need is:
- broccoli florets
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheese (optional)
How do you steam broccoli in an air fryer?
Cut the broccoli florets on the bigger side if you have the option. It’s also OK to use precut florets from a bag. Toss in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Air fry at 390°F for 10 minutes total (tossing once halfway through).
If you want to make air fryer broccoli and cheese, simply wait until the last one minute of cooking, sprinkle on the shredded cheese, and then let it cook for the final minute.
Can you put foil in an air fryer?
Yes. As you can see, the melted cheese can get messy. If you want to line your air fryer with parchment paper or foil before cooking, you can.
I love this air fryer broccoli recipe for a simple and quick vegetable side dish. If you want other vegetable side dish options you might try air fried Brussels sprouts, broccoli slaw, or air fried okra. Enjoy! xo. Emma
Air Fryer Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- 1 lemon optional
- Cut the broccoli into large florets. It's OK if they are precut and on the smaller side too. Larger florets will simply be easier to work with (as they get smaller as you air fry).
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the broccoli in the olive oil, so every piece is coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Air fry at 390°F for 10 minutes. After the first five minutes, pause the air fryer and toss before continuing to cook.
- If you are using cheese, sprinkle the shredded cheddar on top of the broccoli in the air fryer for the final one minute of cooking.
- If you are not serving with cheese, I recommend adding a squeeze of fresh lemon juice (also optional).