One of my favorite things about the Christmas season is the seasonality of the treats and delights. I mean, would things like peppermint hot chocolate and egg nog be as special if you had them every day of the year?
While I have had some amazing homemade egg nog in my time, I have to admit that I’m not much of a whiskey/brandy fan, so while I can still enjoy a cup of the ol’ nog, I actually prefer it made into a martini instead!
This is also commonly known as an “Italian version” of an egg nog martini since you add amaretto to the drink as well. The sweet touch of almond adds another layer of flavor to the drink to really take it over the top!
3 oz egg nog (without alcohol)
1 oz vanilla vodka
1/2 oz amaretto
nutmeg and cinnamon sticks for garnish
honey and brown sugar for rim
This is definitely my favorite way to enjoy a bit of egg nog over the holiday season and get those special sips in while I can (a chocolate and mint Grasshopper Cocktail is also a great holiday choice).
Hope you get a bit of nog in your noggin as well! xo. Laura
PS. Check out The Best Christmas Cocktails for more recipes!
Grab this guide to see our Top 25 Recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 3 oz egg nog (without alcohol)
- 1 oz vanilla vodka
- ½ oz amaretto
- nutmeg and cinnamon sticks ( for garnish)
- honey and brown sugar ( for rim)
- Add the egg nog, vodka and amaretto to a martini shaker filled with ice. Give the shaker a few good, strong shakes to mix and chill the drink.
- Drizzle some honey and brown sugar on separate plates, and dip your glass rims into the honey and then the sugar.
- Pour your chilled drinks into your glasses, and garnish with a hint of nutmeg and a cinnamon stick.