My daughter recently turned 4 years old and this year we let her choose a theme for her own party. She chose Frozen because Frozen (along with Frozen 2 and Frozen Ever After) is her obsession.
Since it’s my second time to pass though the Frozen phase, I am more aware how quickly these phases pass. I wanted to do something extra special this year and started putting together ideas for an elaborate Frozen-themed birthday party.
Starting with the base of snow (I left our snowflakes from Christmas up on our windows an extra month), snowmen and princesses, I knew it would be fun to build a themed party.
It’s a great bonus that many of these decorations can be reused in future Christmas decor.
Frozen Birthday Decorations
I decided to keep our decor minimal and lightly themed. I stayed away from large character cutouts and branded items, and instead focused on the themes of snow, the colors blue, white, and purple and a general ice princess theme.
For decor, I used a set of these paper snowflakes hung on a chandelier.
You can easily create a fun display of treats using just white and light blue candy. Other ideas that you can add are marshmallows, white chocolate covered pretzels, and white powdered sugar donuts.
Tips for picking Frozen birthday decorations
- Focus on your child’s favorite character. Let them wear a costume if they want to. Our daughter wears an Elsa dress nearly daily already, so we surprised her with a new one on her birthday.
- Color coordinate. Don’t worry about buying a bunch of branded items—just focus on the colors from the movie and you’ll create the same effect (or even prettier) with less branding.
- These snowflake banners are so cute!
Frozen Desserts and Cookies
I found these edible snowflake decorations and they are perfect for adding to cupcakes, ice cream, or truffles.
More Party Inspo
- If you want to add a few costumes to your party, I recommend Olaf, Elsa, and Anna. You can get adult versions as well (Emma and I went as Elsa and Anna).
- Balloon arches are easier to make than you think. All you need is a balloon kit and a pump. We’ve got full instructions for how to make a balloon arch here.
- Get a custom garland made from an Etsy seller.
- This Etsy seller makes candy party favors you can customize.
If you are having a Frozen-themed birthday in your future, we wish you a magical party! Remember, some people are worth melting for. xx- Elsie