As the weather heats up, we are on the look out for cute hair styles that are heat proof! Today Katie is showing off a great styling solution for gals with bangs. This is a great option in case you’ve just had a day at the lake and your hair hasn’t had the chance to dry all the way, or if you are planning a hiking adventure and want to keep your bangs out of your face.
1. Gather a section of hair in the front.
2. Begin back-combing or teasing from behind.
This can give your hair more volume but also help keep loose strands in place.
3. Once the section is teased, wrap a small pony tail holder around the hair.
4. Divide into two sections and pull tight.
5. Gently pull or tug at the front of the hair to create more volume and a smooth “bump.”
6. Curl the ends of hair towards the face to finish the look.Katie suggests: Brushing through the curls to give them a smoother/wavier look. Hair spray will help keep this look in place throughout the day. Sweeten this look by adding a small bow or vintage hair clip.
xo. elsie and emma
P.S. Check out more of our popular hair tutorials here!
this is so adorable! Will definitely try
This is so cute! I love it so much.
Hi to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this web page.
Katie, your shirt is super cute. Where did you get it?
Love this. I want to try this this weekend!
Cute look! I’ll have to try this sometime!
Very cute, I love this!
Cute and Easy…my favorite way to go…no muss no fuss. I like it.
Great idea! I have been looking for another idea for styling my long hair and this is perfect.
I love this hairstyle, I am definitely going to try this out very soon!
Did I need this, or did I need this!? Thank You ladies 🙂
Great tips, and your model is too cute! 😉
Truly adorable. It’s funny cause I made the decision to cut my bangs (after I spent so much time trying to grow them out)! Now I always bobby pin them back till they grow again. However, this is a cute, fun alternative to the bobby pins. 🙂
Love your blog!
This is so adorable! I LOVE it!
How funny that I was just pinning my bangs back today and suddenly came across this post now, haha. Well then, I shall be adding some curls to my hair now to make this look… I wish I had some vintage bows though!
it looks easy,but when i done it by myself,it is hard.
gorgeous hair colour .. going to give this a try xx
Her hair is such a lovely color! I want to steal it! Ah!
Kindness is the best accessory,