Strawberry margarita, anyone?? Warm weather and outings with friends is a great time for some tacos (and chips and queso!) at a late night porch hang, and margaritas are the icing on top of the perfect summer gathering.
While you can totally grab a strawberry mix at the store, why not take a few minutes to create your own fresh strawberry margarita mix and impress your guests with your bartending skills?
I would suggest using fresh strawberries for this as frozen ones can be a little watery compared to the real deal. Double points if you stop by that local strawberry stand you’ve been meaning to visit every time you pass by!
You can store this mix in an airtight container for a day if you want to make it a little ahead of time (the lime helps keep it from going bad immediately) so you can pull it out when you are ready to mix in the triple sec and tequila.
You can use sugar or salt (try a lime salt!) for your rims and you can adhere the sugar/salt with either a lime rubbed across the rim, or you can dip it in honey or agave on a plate.
If you want a frozen version, add a few cups of ice at a time to your blender and blend until you like the consistency.
However you garnish your drink, that classic margarita taste with a burst of fresh strawberry is sure to be the height of your summer hangouts! Enjoy! xo. Laura
Get our FREE recipe guide with our most popular recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 1 pound strawberries (fresh hulled)
- 2-3 tablespoons simple syrup (or to taste)
- 6 limes (squeezed)
- ¼ cup triple sec
- ¾ cup tequila
Garnish For Rim
- lime juice, honey, agave syrup
- large grain salt or sugar
- Place your strawberries, simple syrup, and juiced limes into a blender
- Blend on high until completely combined and pureed.
- Store in fridge in airtight container for up to a day, or add in alcohol now.
- Add triple sec and tequila to the blender and blend until combined.
- Rub a lime wedge around rim of empty glass or dip into honey or agave spread on a plate. Then dip into sugar or salt on a plate to garnish rim.
- Add ice to glass and pour in margarita.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.