Why is this my favorite broccoli slaw? Because it’s sooooooo easy to make. This broccoli slaw is simple but oh-so-good! And sometimes you need an easy vegetable side dish you can just throw together to go with whatever else you’ve made, right?
Probably my favorite way to eat this broccoli slaw is on top of a hot dog (or veggie hot dog) or some kind of meaty sandwich. But again, doesn’t have to “real” meat to keep me happy.
But growing up in southern Missouri, I am no stranger to BBQ, and slaw just goes so well with all those textures and flavors.
The weirdest way I’ve eaten this broccoli slaw is on top of pasta. Sometimes I will just throw pasta in with a salad if I’m feeling like I need a little extra from my salad, and this works great with this broccoli slaw. So maybe that’s a bit weird, but I swear it’s quite delicious.
You can absolutely chop up your broccoli, carrots, and red cabbage (a food processor makes quick work of it), but honestly I love to use those bags of pre-cut broccoli slaw you can get at most grocery stores. It just makes this that much easier to throw together.
This broccoli slaw recipe is simple, creamy, crunchy, and delicious. I like this best the day it’s made, but you can use any leftovers up the next day as well.
Beyond that, it begins to get a little too mushy for me, but some may like their slaw that way so who am I to judge? Enjoy! xo. Emma
Get our FREE recipe guide with our most popular recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 1 bag pre-cut broccoli slaw veggies (10 ounces )
- ⅔ cup almonds (sliced)
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard (dijon)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, vinegar, mustard, honey, and poppyseeds if using. Whisk well to combine. Taste and add any salt and pepper you like.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli slaw veggies and almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and toss so everything gets coated.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.